Why is everyone ready to forgive and forget? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why is everyone ready to forgive and forget?

musk

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Miami, FL going to school in Champaign, IL
i have been reading many posts in this forum that follow the same theme; "i wouldnt mind if ricky came back".

how can you say this?

first off, the man not only turned his back on his teammates and coaches, but he also turned his back on the south florida community. have been born and raised in miami i feel i know a thing or 2 about south florida sports. and the only word that comes to mind is bandwaggon. its the reaosn why the marlins won the world series and still only get an avg of 15k people at each game. its the reason why the panthers havent had a sold out game since lord knows when. and the heat have had serious trouble selling tickets. and there arent better bandwaggon fans in the NFL than the Miami Dolphins fans.

why do i bring the idea of bandwaggon fans up? simple. only a community that breads such fans would accept a "quiter" like RW back into the team. only they would cheer at the fact of him putting on #34 again. do you think philadelphia, chicago, or greenbay would stand to see their #1 player retire before training camp and decide he made a mistake and come back? heck, he would probably be shot in philly.

and dont forget that ricky still has to face his 50+ teammates if he returns. how many teammates do you think felt like seth and just didnt speak to the media? ricky would be stupid to put on a dolphins uniform again with the amount of anger he would recieve from his teammates (at first) and hopefully the fans.

yes, there is no doubt that any team is better w/ RW in the backfield. im not disputing that we would be worse off w/ him. but where is your dignity? the man, in 2 days, crushed the hopes of many die hard dol-fan's for the 04-05 season. for the fans and his teammates to allow him back would be the ultimate sign of desperation in my opinon.

I don't want him back. If he comes back, i'll support him like I support the rest of the team, but no more than that.

That being said, I hope that he retires next year, or if he decides to stay, that we trade him. I won't buy his shirt or any merchandice linked to him.

Being a longtime diehard, the ultimate is for the phins to win the Super Bowl. RW gives us a better chance. It's that simple. So, are you saying you would rather have a poor season without RW, rather than win a championship with him? If so, you are taking this to personally. It's all about the team, and if his teammates accept him back (and that would be the sole deciding factor should he decide to come back), then we as fans should get over it.

Forgiving and forgetting is the proper thing to do.

You never really know what is troubling a person that may cause them to
do something they wish they hadn't.

However, he should ask for the team's forgiveness........and you fans too I guess.

I don't think Ricky deserves a chance to come back to Miami. I'm interested to see just hows motivated he is, when Miami tries to get 8 million from him. He could try to come back very soon. I do think Miami should forgive him though, he's not a bad person, he just had to do whats right for himself. If he didn't feel commited anymore he probably did Miami a favor by not staying and just playing terrible this next season. Ricky has never been the average dumb jock, hes always had a deeper side to him and he couldnt handle the pressure anymore of being an NFL superstar. He didn't betray his teammates or his fans he just had to do what would make him happy. We only live once and we shouldn't waste any of our life, that includes Ricky Williams even if he is good at football.

it has been proven that RW doesnt give us the best chance at a championship. hes been here 2 years and 2 years we havent even made the playoffs. granted its not his fault but still. and its not just RW's and 50 other guys playing football. there are many MANY performance holes in the offense that prevent us from even being a super bowl contender. that being said, the community is, and should be, very involved in professional sports. do i take ricky's retirement personally? not really. do i dislike what he did and cant forgive him? yes. why? because the miami dolphins are apart of the community and effect the community. it is how pro sports team succeed. if the community cannot embrace the team then the team will falter (ie: arizona cardinals, montreol expos). and when a community embraces a team, like south florida has w/ the dolphins, everything that happens to that team effects the fans feelings and perception of the team and its players. that is why forums like this exist.

ps: in my first post i did not mean to come off as all dolphins fans from so. fla are bandwaggon. i know there are tons of diehards out there. just for clarification.

musk said:
it has been proven that RW doesnt give us the best chance at a championship. hes been here 2 years and 2 years we havent even made the playoffs. granted its not his fault but still. and its not just RW's and 50 other guys playing football. there are many MANY performance holes in the offense that prevent us from even being a super bowl contender. that being said, the community is, and should be, very involved in professional sports. do i take ricky's retirement personally? not really. do i dislike what he did and cant forgive him? yes. why? because the miami dolphins are apart of the community and effect the community. it is how pro sports team succeed. if the community cannot embrace the team then the team will falter (ie: arizona cardinals, montreol expos). and when a community embraces a team, like south florida has w/ the dolphins, everything that happens to that team effects the fans feelings and perception of the team and its players. that is why forums like this exist.

ps: in my first post i did not mean to come off as all dolphins fans from so. fla are bandwaggon. i know there are tons of diehards out there. just for clarification.
You are right. Cannot win a championship with a one or two trick pony.
Seems the OL, WR and QB could use an upgrade. The extra threat of going vertical give the RB the best chance.

musk said:

I see your point of view. But face it, let's say it's week 8, and RW is back and rushes for 168 yds and 2 touchdowns as we go to 7-1 or 6-2. At that point all will be forgotten. I'm just looking ahead, right now every one is still pretty angry at what RW did. But if RW comes back and we do well, nobody will be saying they wish he stayed away. Again, the question is: do we have a better chance with RW or w/o RW? Everything else is BS as long as his teammates accept him back.

Musk so its rickys fault we don't make the playoffs and its his fault that we have Jay as the QB, ofcourse the OL its his fault Seth is very upset with Ricky because he killed himself opening holes for Ricky last year also our receivers are upset because even covered one on one with 8 man waiting for Ricky we couldn't get the ball to them.
Of course Ricky developed bad game plans and twice Ricky missed easy field goals against the Pats.
Why would anyone want to carry the offence by themselves getting paid half what Madison.JT,Surtain etc.
I don't like what he did but I understand.
He just couldn't do it again.

Maybe the community ought to be blocking for him.

So, are you saying you would rather have a poor season without RW, rather than win a championship with him?

No, i'm saying i'd rather try to win a championship with another back.

ricky may be right, that the team may be better w/o him. he is one in a long line of nfl thoroughbreds that are overworked for years on end and end up with nothing to show for it. this goes back to o.j., earl campbell, larry brown, and eric dickerson all the way up until now. look at george and bettis- shells of their former selves b/c all the mileage they piled up for nothing. it's a dead end street for both team and player, as that running back is not going to bring the team home a title on his shoulders, and the team is going to take some years of that running back's life.

Sadly, many people think there is an underlying problem, likely related to Social Anxiety Disorder that has a major influence on whats happening. Anxiety problems are not a fun thing to deal with once it "kicks in". Alot of war vets have to deal with these anxiety attacks periodocally, and this seems to be very similiar. Although it affects everyone differently, it's basically a panic of sorts thats triggered by an event (past, present or upcoming). His past actions that have been reported this offseason makes this sudden change of mind alittle more than unusual. If his body chemistry changed in some way, then the meds he is on for the disorder may have a negative effect.

If his actions are a result of his anxiety disorder, then I hope he gets help and returns to the team. If thats not the case....????? :confused:

Back
Top Bottom