???Why No Review???

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by truckstick23, Oct 27, 2013.

1. truckstick23

truckstick23 Scout

I am still shaking my head as to why the Rishard Matthews catch was not reviewed by the coaching staff. It was definitely a catch with both feet down. Even if you don't get the call you at least have to make them look at it. I have re watched it a few times and you can clearly see left foot down in the front and the Right foot down behind the Patriot player....well in bounds. It was at a critical part of the game when we needed something good!!

2. Miamifinz

Miamifinz Philbin is an idiot Donator

They showed one angle and unless you have X-ray vision, i dont think you could see if both feet came down. If someone has proof I'd love to see but I don't know how anyone can say he definitely caught it.

3. Nublar7

Nublar7 Retired Finheaven VIP

He didn't get his second foot down. Would have been a waste of a challenge and timeout.

4. fininpsl

fininpsl A True Fan

Philbin blew that plain and simple. Of course in real time he himself can't see across the field to discern if it was worth challenging, but somebody upstairs who saw that on video should have alerted the coaches on the field that it was a catch, and Philbin is responsible for his staff, and how they collectively manage the game. Bad failure.

5. BSQ

BSQ Scout Team

You could only see the one foot but I was amazed that we didn't throw the flag. We should have for sure. It was too important of a play not to have them look at it,

6. pafins13

pafins13 Rookie

Who cares the refs weren't going to let us win any way we play we won and every stop we made a bs flag came in . Wwf every time you play the pats . I woundnt even want are find to win that way... F the refs and the nfl

7. UFGators

UFGators Well-Known Member

Not enough evidence. Good decision not to challenge on merely emotion.

8. miamirw

miamirw Pro Bowler

How is there only one view/angle of the play? Oh wait, it's in Foxboro. And it affects the visiting team.

Roger Goodell Memo: Only one camera angle if it helps the Patriots win.

9. ForksPhin

ForksPhin Scout Team

Philbin is useless. He held the challenge flag, looking like a lost child. And ultimately let his team punt, instead of making a decision that could have helped his team gain some momentum.

10. Heinegrabber

Heinegrabber Since 84 Finheaven VIP

Emotion or momentum turns games. We were in the middles of a momentum swing. It was dumb not to challenge.

11. truckstick23

truckstick23 Scout

Im with you man. I was totally baffled. Our coaching staff has looked like a bunch of peewee league coaches lately. Do we actually have a plan going into the game. If we do you could have fooled me.

12. LennyV

LennyV Rookie

Rewinding and watching ... seems to me I saw the receivers second foot.. kick up the artificial turf.. but with only one angle hard to tell for a coach.
    Now on the questionable interception... there were plenty of angles there...

13. Dthrill_08

Dthrill_08 A True Fan

Lmao I was just wondering that too. Also, the DB can tip a pass to another (which is fine and legal) but when Vernon tried to bring the football to his chest (clearly by the swooping motion) it is called a BS penalty

14. J. David Wannyheimer

J. David Wannyheimer 5 Years of Posting Excellence. Finheaven VIP Donator

Based on the way today's game was officiated, do you honestly think that would have been a good gamble of a timeout?