Why not just sit back and enjoy the season? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why not just sit back and enjoy the season?

PhinPhan1227

Why is there a watermelon there?
Reaction score
For a change, lets have some reasonable expectations as Phin fans. Even with Ricky, were we going to the Superbowl behind an O-line consisting of...

One solid producer, one kid who won the job by default, one player who got schooled and cost us games last season, one player who got demoted by another team, and one player who..um...well...we don't know WHO #5 will be. Add to that the fact that NONE of these players hacve ever played a SINGLE season together, and you're looking at a rough season next year regardless of who is running the ball. Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if Ricky decided that running behind this line was going to get him killed. Now, don't get me wrong, this line could be VERY good...in 2005. Honestly I'm kind of jazzed for 2005, we might have a high draft pick, a new coach, there could be a LOT to get excited about then. But for 2004? I'm just going to sit back, enjoy the games regardless of their outcome, and try to assess the talent we have . In 2005 our D will be approaching their final years, but they should all have at least one good year left. Lets see what happens, and just tone down the expectations to a reasonable level.

:roflmao: Ricky's absolutely stupid behavior has been enough toning down. My expectations are still high and are still attainable. I think predicting the future should be left to the Ms Cleos of the world. :lol:

I agree ! I am not going to live and die on every game this year!! At least that is what I am telling myself! I will probably still lose 2.1 lbs per game

Gary Miles said:
:roflmao: Ricky's absolutely stupid behavior has been enough toning down. My expectations are still high and are still attainable. I think predicting the future should be left to the Ms Cleos of the world. :lol:

Lol...your predictions are still high, AND attainable...but predicting the future should be left to Ms Cleo? Um, hello Pot? Yeah, high, this is Kettle....

My expectations are the same as before Ricky retired. I'm excited about this year..the OL is the key..

I`m going to try and take the low key approach.... but, chances are come Week 1, the curse words will again be flying, and the wife and kid will have to seek refuge in another part of the house for fear of flying objects aimed at the big screen. This is after all Dolphins football.

I think this is the most exiting year in years to be honest. Lots of young exciting players to watch and see how they develope and rise to the occacasion...something we've been lacking since the JJ days...The whole OL is young and talented, the WRs: Can DB regain his form? Will CC make the elite jump? Is DT really bad or just bad last year? Will Newsome be overwhelmed again or will his very good talent prevail? Is Randy too out of shape to make the leap? Is Lee going to be better than Mcmike? How good can travis be? Can Sammy Morris play good tailback like his rookie year? Can Henry make it happen at this level? Is Fred Russelll going to be as awesome and electrifying as I think he will be? In AJ, do we have someone who can put the players mentioned in position to make plays? Will the coaches put AJ and the players in the position to make plays? Will our special teams, infused with the likes of Bua, Poole, Pope, Morris, and Akins make us a unit of outright ravenous sharks? Will anyone be able to pass on our secondary? Will Bell live up to his talent and surprise all by stealing the WSS spot? Will Chester be like "heman" and rag doll the poor souls that have to block him.... So for me, there is a lot of opportunity to be had, a lot of talent, and a lot of fun stuff to watch. Yes there are a lot of questions, and it will be fun to see how the book reads and the story plays out. There are a lot of plots..including a team that has its back to wall; and that is when the players/teams true colors emerge...will these colors be waved in a rally call? Chapter 1 has been read and has set up the reader for a great yarn...I hope it ends in a great way and I think the prose along the way will be exiting. Im ready for Dolphins football!

we have reason for optimism

SWEEP !!!!

Fiedler OWNS the Jills !!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA !!!!!

Aslong as this team plays with heart it has a chance. The thing that seperates the winners and losers in this world is heart. This year we will see just how much heart they have.

Goin` Deep said:
I`m going to try and take the low key approach.... but, chances are come Week 1, the curse words will again be flying, and the wife and kid will have to seek refuge in another part of the house for fear of flying objects aimed at the big screen. This is after all Dolphins football.

im with chris

Clumpy said:
Too much optimism :shakeno:
How is there too much optomism? Isnt tht what the offseason is about, optomism? Clumpy im sure you have alot of optomism too right? The Bills dont seem to be in a better situation then the Fins, id say they look pretty equal now...and BTW, whos being too optomistic.. i havent even seen a prediciton on this thread yet.

I'm optomistic even about the Oline. Good talent, a good teaching coach, and time to build practicing against a first class run defense. Sundays may be the easiest day of blocking for them each week. I'll wait until we get past the third preseason game before I go into a funk. For now enjoying the Phins is a major part of my entertainment life.

I just want to see the fins try to have an exciting offense. I haven't seen that since 1995.

Back
Top Bottom