Why Not Robert Edwards? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why Not Robert Edwards?

PhinKev

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
As I read these stupid trades that have us giving up Wale and picks for other team's trash, I am left to wonder why we would not give Robert Edwards another chance.

There is an article in Today's Palm Beach Post (not online) interviewing Edwards who WANTS to play badly says his knee is fine and he is ready.

I vote for getting players that want to be here.

This is from an article today by Joe Schad and Greg Bedard in the Palm Beach Post:

"Me and Ricky are total opposites," Edwards said.

"I can play. I showed that last year in preseason. I don't want a handout; just give me a fair chance to compete."

He also said,

"All these Dolphins called me today Auturo Freeman, Leonard Henry, Sam Madison. And Even Travis Minor. Travis said, 'Come back now, we miss you.'"

We tried Edwards as our 3rd down back and he lost the job to Travis Minor. The guy was great but he has never been the same since that injury. I would not mind Miami giving him a workout but I would be deadly sacred of for his durability, that was one Major operation he got on that knee.

THanks for pointing it out my mistake...

CanadianFish said:
We tried Edwards as our 3rd down back and he lost the job to Travis Henry. The guy was great but he has never been the same since that injury. I would not mind Miami giving him a workout but I would be deadly sacred of for his durability, that was one Major operation he got on that knee.

That was a major injury, even with some speculation that he could have lost his leg.

Always liked Robert Edwards and it would be a great story if he came back strong for you guys.

Phins should at least give him a tryout. What do they have to lose?

CanadianFish said:
We tried Edwards as our 3rd down back and he lost the job to Travis Minor. The guy was great but he has never been the same since that injury. I would not mind Miami giving him a workout but I would be deadly sacred of for his durability, that was one Major operation he got on that knee.

THanks for pointing it out my mistake...

I'd agree that Edwards is not the same since the injury, if he were he'd be on some team's roster, but we are not going to get a star right now. We are wither going to pay too much for a second or third tier guy in a trade, or we have to take a chance on a guy.

I wish I could link the article, but Edwards has that desire. He could walk away like Ricky, he has money. But, he wants to play. He worked unbelievably hard to get back from that devestating knee. That's a guy I could root for and respect.

What would it hurt to give him a chance to prove that he can play. It's not like we have so many great options.

PhinKev said:
I'd agree that Edwards is not the same since the injury, if he were he'd be on some team's roster, but we are not going to get a star right now. We are wither going to pay too much for a second or third tier guy in a trade, or we have to take a chance on a guy.

I wish I could link the article, but Edwards has that desire. He could walk away like Ricky, he has money. But, he wants to play. He worked unbelievably hard to get back from that devestating knee. That's a guy I could root for and respect.

What would it hurt to give him a chance to prove that he can play. It's not like we have so many great options.

As I said I would give him a workout but I would not hold my breath. Desire is one thing but you also need the HEALTH and talent. I honestly hope Miami gives Travis Minor his shot and if it doesn't pan out well we get a top 10 pick and sign a RB free agent named James or we draft.

i like the idea of giving Edwards a chance... i liked him before and i think the only REAL reason we let him go was because 1. we had ricky and 2. we knew he wasnt going to get a chance to play here and we wanted him to have the chance. (just my theory). I think he deserves a shot... plus in that scenerio we dont have to give nothing up!

Who says Edwards wants to come back to the Dolphins? How do we know that he's not traveling abroad, smoking weed, fathering illegitimate children, doing interviews with his helmet on? You know - the usual stuff.

I say give him a shot in Training Camp! It can't hurt to have him in for anyother look! They are going to bring in other guys that are/were hurt Stewart, Canidate! Either way I would have to believe any guy we bring in at this point would be as a back up anyway! I believe Minor is our starter and we are going to be looking for depth at RB in case Minor can't handle the every down load! I personally like Minor and think he is going to do a fine job and even might surprise some people! JMO

baracuda said:
Who says Edwards wants to come back to the Dolphins? How do we know that he's not traveling abroad, smoking weed, fathering illegitimate children, doing interviews with his helmet on? You know - the usual stuff.

This is from an article today by Joe Schad and Greg Bedard in the Palm Beach Post:

"Me and Ricky are total opposites," Edwards said.

"I can play. I showed that last year in preseason. I don't want a handout; just give me a fair chance to compete."

He also said,

"All these Dolphins called me today Auturo Freeman, Leonard Henry, Sam Madison. And Even Travis Minor. Travis said, 'Come back now, we miss you.'"

I say bring him in and let him compete! If he doesn't work out then cut him before the season starts, but if he does then he could really help us out!

Back
Top Bottom