Why not Sage? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why not Sage?

Jedburg

butter beans
Reaction score
I've been reading reports that Sage Rosenfels is outplaying both AJ & Fiedler so far, but he's not getting much time.

Wonder why Wannstedt doesn't turn this into a 3 way race & give him a chance?

The worst that could happen is one of the other 2 beats him out anyway.

Jedburg said:
I've been reading reports that Sage Rosenfels is outplaying both AJ & Fiedler so far, but he's not getting much time.

Wonder why Wannstedt doesn't turn this into a 3 way race & give him a chance?

The worst that could happen is one of the other 2 beats him out anyway.
Because the coaches no better than we do. You cant waste reps on a third guy. They have get a Qb ready for opening day. If you play them all equally the eventual starter will be cheated out of valuabe time. FYI I dont think Sage is all that good. Sage was over hyped by Spurrier for the sole purpose of increasing his trade value

Its tough to tell how Sage would react if he were ever given the same amount of reps. However, I cannot imagine him playing worse than he is now. The only thing I can say is that I don't see him in the weight room, at practice, or watching film. So, maybe they know something we don't.

But, according to O.J. McDuffie, who is a close friend of Chris Chambers, Sage has the best arm, throws the most catchable ball, and is surprisingly athletic.

Politics are all around us. I guess Sage will have to wait for injuries or until next year when he is on a new team. But, I have a feeling Miami may be disappointed that they never gave him a fair shake.

Ghetti13 said:
Its tough to tell how Sage would react if he were ever given the same amount of reps. However, I cannot imagine him playing worse than he is now. The only thing I can say is that I don't see him in the weight room, at practice, or watching film. So, maybe they know something we don't.

But, according to O.J. McDuffie, who is a close friend of Chris Chambers, Sage has the best arm, throws the most catchable ball, and is surprisingly athletic.

Politics are all around us. I guess Sage will have to wait for injuries or until next year when he is on a new team. But, I have a feeling Miami may be disappointed that they never gave him a fair shake.

Yep I agree, I think he should get a shot, but Wanny knows best. They'll regret it in the long run. I'm sooooooo tired of Fiedler. :shakeno:

Seems like when Jimmy was here, that's what training camp was about.

It didn't matter what your position on the depth chart was. If "guy A" was playing better than "guy B", then "guy A" would play while "guy B" who might be making more money sat on the bench.

Jedburg said:
Seems like when Jimmy was here, that's what training camp was about.

It didn't matter what your position on the depth chart was. If "guy A" was playing better than "guy B", then "guy A" would play while "guy B" who might be making more money sat on the bench.

Thats the way it should be, IMO.

Back
Top Bottom