Why the run game worked this week when it was stopped last week? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why the run game worked this week when it was stopped last week?

Built2Win

Active Roster
Reaction score
Was the falcons a much better run defend team
or did our online and running backs make a big stride in a week?

I choose option (c) Chad Henne. I think since Henne was actually connecting with WRs, it opened the run game up. If Henne can continue to perform we could possibly have a top 10 offense this year.

We currently only have two guys on offense that scare defenses: Brandon Marshall and Reggie Bush.

Both were out during the 1st preseason game against the Falcons, thus making it easy to defend against us.

Carolina is THAT bad ... AND Reggie Bush is pretty good!!

well, watching preseason games this year, home teams are showing off to fans. I think ours was no different. gotta sell tickets after pissing people off from offseason in crappy economy.

Our game vs. Atlanta was so vanilla on O and D. We were already on the plane. So much attention to henne and his picks, that you become blinded by the reality that preseason is weird one week to next.

Tampa is now 0-2 and the traditional 3rd game coming up at home to show for hometown fans. This will be more of a test, but will Sparano decide that he has seen enough of marshall and bush to now only play them a series or two? You never know. Sparano is looking at New England and nothing else except maybe setting up some offensive plays to run. New England stuff will be hidden for sure.

Carolina's D is pretty bad. Maybe 2 to 3 good players and talent and experience level drops off.

We have a new OC, a new offense, a new OL, a new H-Back and all new RBs with only one with any experience(Bush).

Not only did Bush play well in his first game but so did Marshall catching 5 out of 6 passes thrown to him.

I semi disagree about us having only 2 threats in Bush and Marshall. C Gates is a real threat, he twice beat double coverage and got open deep against the Panthers.

C Clay caught two passes, Bess and Marshall caught 5. Fasano caught two including the longest one of the day, 38 yards.

We opened up on them. On one hand we went 5 wide at least twice, and also ran the ball up the gut 5 times in a row(one had a penalty) for the TD.

I didn't see much zone blocking in the first game. In fact I started a thread specifically about that fact and nobody seemed to notice or maybe I was off base but I definately saw zone blocking this week and all of a sudden there are running lanes.

Back
Top Bottom