Wilfork a Free Agent | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wilfork a Free Agent

HeartbreakKid28

Active Roster
Reaction score
Vince Wilfork is an Unrestricted Free Agent, and in his post comments it seems like he is open to signing with a new team[he was also unhappy they didnt extend his contract this past offseason]. The Dolphins could use a 28 year old NT in his prime...He seems like a Parcells type player. I wonder how much he would want. We threw away money at Gibril Wilson, I'd rather have Wilfork.

Vince Wilfork is an Unrestricted Free Agent, and in his post comments it seems like he is open to signing with a new team[he was also unhappy they didnt extend his contract this past offseason]. The Dolphins could use a 28 year old NT in his prime...He seems like a Parcells type player. I wonder how much he would want. We threw away money at Gibril Wilson, I'd rather have Wilfork.

Once again; he hates the Dolphins and he would command a price tag that this FO would be unwilling to pay (or bid for) IMO.
Casey Hampton can probably be had for much cheaper due to his age (32) and is just as good. He would be an upgrade over Ferguson and can probably play another 3 yrs with Solai backing him up.

It'd be great if Ferguson signed for one year...but he still has a few months to heal so they have to make a decision. We don't want to get stuck with Solai, he is not starter material. Regardless we still need someone young who is worthy of being starter, since Ferg wont be back in 2011.

Not sure if he'll get it, but he (his agent) is probably going to ask for Haynesworth type money.

If Wilfork is allowed to walk, he could come back to hurt his old team. He said he would happily play for the Dolphins, a team with plenty of money and a need to upgrade at nose tackle, and see his former New England teammates twice a year. [from miami herald]

"Florida is home to me. Who wouldn't want to play at home?'' Wilfork said with a smile before explaining that matters such as divisional rivalries and allegiances are trivial.
"Look here man, it's a business and guys go play across the map and everywhere. Whatever is the best situation for me and my family, that's what it will be. Trust me -- whatever decision I make will be for the best of me and my family.'' [postgame comments]
http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/columnists/armando-salguero/story/1418493.html

Back
Top Bottom