Will Coples Succeed? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will Coples Succeed?

rex always does his best to put his defense in position to succeed. I'm sure he will have Coples line up inside and outside plenty of times. I'm glad we passed on him, but he may turn into a solid pass rusher. At worse he is a very good run defender.

i dont think he will do much at all. he did well against crap opponents if that tells you anything. jake will eat him up

Think Coples has an excellent shot at being a very good Pro. I also think coming in as a 3-4 DE takes a lot of weight off his shoulders. If we went to a team as a 4-3 DE, and he played well overall but didn't excel as a pass rusher, there would be a lot of grumbling. In this position, he can rush the QB on certain situations, but he won't be seen as a bust if he finishes the season with less than 5 sacks.

ray lucas is an idiot anyway. he sucked as a player to boot. there's a possibility that every player drafted can be good or bad. i think i'll trust rex ryan's evaluation of a defensive player over ray "drug addict" lucas. i mean seriously the guy was a freakin quarterback and a ****ty one at that. we're supposed to care about his evaluation of a d-lineman? coples can be a bust, like every other draftee can be. but coples is a terribly gifted player whose ceiling is that of a dominant all-pro caliber d-lineman.

The issue with Coples has been his attitude not his talent. When things on his team weren't to his liking, Coples apparently sulked. Well, welcome to the NFL and the real world of working adults, Mr Coples: coaches and bosses do things their way, and players and employees either do it their way or they hit the highway.

Back
Top Bottom