Will Saban improve draft because of Ricky? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will Saban improve draft because of Ricky?

Will saban play the rumor game?

• Yes, with Ricky out we might IMPLY RB as a need to get more picks.

Votes: 15 22.4%
  • No way, everyone knows we have more pressing needs, and they'll wait.

Votes: 50 74.6%
  • IMPLY??? We will go for another RB at 16.

Votes: 2 3.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cornell

Starter
Reaction score
Just wondering whether people believe now that Ricky is gone for the year, that Saban will imply that they might use the 16th pick to pick a RB like DeAngelo Williams or Lendale White, in order to possibly get other teams who were expecting them to be there in mid/late 1st round to trade up to ensure that they get who they want.

cornell said:
Just wondering whether people believe now that Ricky is gone for the year, that Saban will imply that they might use the 16th pick to pick a RB like DeAngelo Williams or Lendale White, in order to possibly get other teams who were expecting them to be there in mid/late 1st round to trade up to ensure that they get who they want.

ridiculous other teams are not stupid we have a top youngster in brown a seasoned and competent backup, a third down back who has speed and a a backup that is very physical in harris

if teams think we pick lendale or deangelo they would be pretty stupid

I would laught at saban for trying that:tantrum:

cornell said:

Imply? Maybe. But IMO, there is no way does Saban draft a running back in the first round. We are not Detroit. Ronnie Brown will carry the load for us this year.

A more likely scenario would be that Saban might trick someone into thinking the 'Phins will trade the pick to someone who would use it to draft one of the top RBs. Not that I think that will happen either, but no one in their right (or left) mind is going to believe the 'Phins are drafting RB at 16 (much less anywhere else in the draft, unless it's a irresistible BPA).

I am not sure if "Imply" is the right word, but most GM's/Coaches are not going to reveal their hand and let other teams know who they are going after. Nick could be interested in many different positions and I am sure in his war room he has a ton of options and possible trade down scenarios. I would draft Chad Jackson or Santonio Holmes to give DC another weapon. CC, McMike and either of these two rookies would be unreal. But I also could see Nick trading down and taking Mangold at Center, and then getting another stud player if we acquire a 2nd rounder by trading down. I also would not rule out a running back like Maurice Drew if he is around when we pick in the 3rd. I am not sure what we can get with three 7th rounders....I would package these three picks and see if we can maybe move up to a 5th or 6th rounder with them.

We have a decent runing back depth after ronnie, i doubt that we will use a first rounder and pick up another runing back. No team will bite for that, we have to many holes to fill and all the teams know that. Saban definately will pull a trick in the draft, but i doubt it will be through the runing back situation.
The question really is what trick will really come out of sabans sleave?

Only way we go RB in the first round is if Reggie Bush falls to 16.Other than that, no way we go RB.

I personnally don't think Saban would use the 16 for a RB, and I think we do have other needs. I was just curious if people believed Saban could/would get other teams who wanted those RB's to think he just might take the chance and therefore be willing to trade an extra pick to ensure they get the RB they want.

Why do people assume Saban has some magic trick up his sleeve? He didn't last year, did he?
In fact, his trick in 2005(to make people think he'd take Edwards) didn't work.
I think he'll just draft good players, maybe make a trade, then pick.
And I think he may go running back at 16. It's about value. If the value is Mulroney or D Williams at 16, and no trade is possible, I think he does it.

Bopkin02 said:
Why do people assume Saban has some magic trick up his sleeve? He didn't last year, did he?
In fact, his trick in 2005(to make people think he'd take Edwards) didn't work.
I think he'll just draft good players, maybe make a trade, then pick.
And I think he may go running back at 16. It's about value. If the value is Mulroney or D Williams at 16, and no trade is possible, I think he does it.

it didnt work??? what are you talking about, freakin braylon edwards thought he was coming here. everyone thought edwards was gonna be our pick.

with ricky gone, and ronnie a sophomore in need of help, the dolphins will focus in gettin us a backup qb(omar jacobs if harrington not picked up) and possibly take a cb in the first round such as donte whitner or jason allen...

It didn't work. No one traded with us. Who cares what Braylon Edwards thought. It didn't procure us a pick. A trick that fools a players does not benefit us.

It wouldn't shock me to see Nick acquire an RB w/ one of the 7th round picks. Dontrell Moore (New Mexico), Quinton Ganther (Utah (Sporting News has phins taking him in 7th)), Cedric Humes (Va Tech), or Mike Bell (Arizona) being likely candidates.

If someone like Jerious Norwood is availble in the 4th then I say go for it.

Specialk0832 said:
it didnt work??? what are you talking about, freakin braylon edwards thought he was coming here. everyone thought edwards was gonna be our pick.

EXACTLY!!! His "trick" did work.

Back
Top Bottom