Will Stringfellow make the team? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will Stringfellow make the team?

mwestberry

Club Member
Reaction score
http://www.scout.com/college/ole-miss/story/1767999-stringfellow-shines-at-pro-day?s=389

Watched his stock rise and fall during the off season...I think I twas because of the off field troubles he had.....and I know the receiver position on our team is deep ....

But I look at his size and the QB (Kelly) and wonder if he could be somewhat of a weapon in the redzone especially....I saw that we picked him up after the draft...wondering if anybody out there knows about him .....in a crowded position on our team, what are his chances?

Locks: Juice, DVP, Stills, Carroo

Grant is a lock if no one else steps up as a punt returner.

That's 4 or 5. And I like Ford a lot. Very doubtful. I'd bet on keeping 6 receivers, and those are the 6 I'd bank on.

I think you could make an argument for Stringfellow, Owusu, Morgan, Lewis and Scott to become the front runner for a practice squad spot. However, I think each would be a long shot to make the final 53 roster. Stills, Landry, Parker and Carroo are locks. If Ford or Grant fails to make the team I wouldn't be suprised if the team kept only 5 receivers on the 53 or looked at other players who get released from other teams in August. Based on the high number of rookies wrs drafted this year I would suspect 15 or 20 wrs that made rosters last year will either be released or exposed to be poached on practice squads. Maybe another 3 or 4 of the wrs drafted this year in 6th or 7th round too.

Miami's depth chart could be:

Parker - Carroo - Scott
Stills - Ford - Owusu/Stringfellow
Landry - Grant - Morgan/Lewis

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you could make an argument for Stringfellow, Owusu, Morgan, Lewis and Scott to become the front runner for a practice squad spot. However, I think each would be a long shot to make the final 53 roster. Stills, Landry, Parker and Carroo are locks. If Ford or Grant fails to make the team I wouldn't be suprised if the team kept only 5 receivers on the 53 or looked at other players who get released from other teams in August. Based on the high number of rookies wrs drafted this year I would suspect 15 or 20 wrs that made rosters last year will either be released or exposed to be poached on practice squads. Maybe another 3 or 4 of the wrs drafted this year in 6th or 7th round too.

Miami's depth chart could be:

Parker - Carroo - Scott
Stills - Ford - Owusu/Stringfellow
Landry - Grant - Morgan/Lewis

I'd throw Smith on that list, I think he has a shot at safety to make the team

Never mind, seen you were just talking receivers

Back
Top Bottom