Williams or Rogers Cut? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Williams or Rogers Cut?

Philter25

MORE COWBELL!!!
Reaction score
Has anyone else heard the rumor floating around that Detriot was thinking about releasing Williams or Rogers? Rogers has injury problems and Williams didnt look so hot last year.... personally, I can see them cutting Rogers but not Williams. Its too early in his career and I doubt any GM, even Matt Millen, would jump the gun that early...... just curious.

I had heard the rumors about Rogers because of his injuries and off the field problems. But I havent heard anything about Williams. I think they would be dumb to drop Williams cuz he hasent had time/coaching/QB help to proove how good he can be. Last I read some where, Martz was happy to have a good group of WRs to work with sence he likes 3 WR sets. But it didnt say which WRs he liked. I dont have the link, so dont quote me on that, it was a while ago

Yeah I heard that, they were talking about it on NFL Live a week or so ago.

Considering Rogers is one strike away from a 1 year suspension if he fails another drug test, and the Lions currently have, or had filed, a greivance charging him with breach of contract, and are trying to take back 10 million of his 14 million dollar signing bonus, I'd bet that Rodgers may be available, this year.

The question is, would you trade anything of value for him?

inFINSible said:
Considering Rogers is one strike away from a 1 year suspension if he fails another drug test, and the Lions currently have, or had filed, a greivance charging him with breach of contract, and are trying to take back 10 million of his 14 million dollar signing bonus, I'd bet that Rodgers may be available, this year.

The question is, would you trade anything of value for him?

He's had injuries, which IMO will be the only glaring knock on him. I don't think people will get too hung up on the drug tests. Rogers is a different case to their othercold shouldered first round pick -- Harrington -- Rogers still has value and hasn't really had a chance to prove himself yet. He could be a big force and I personally would love him in Miami. I think he'd fit -- he's a great route runner and would be good in the slot -- and I believe Saban recruited him to MSU too.

I'd give up a 4th for him, but I'm not sure what his market value is.

ya rogers is to unreliable, i dont see anyone picking him up and i doubt that the lions wanna keep paying him lots of money if hes not living up to his potential

bullseyeguy said:
Which Williams?
UltraDol-Fan said:
I'm guessing Mike, since Roy is awesome
Correct you are.

I would not trade anything for Rogers. We DO have good depth at WR, but if you can sign someone as a FA to upgrade that depth, thats something you always need to consider and evaluate.

Both of these guys, if cut, I would bring in for a looksie. They are both young and even as a 3rd WR would be an upgrade to what we have. We do have depth at WR, but consider Hagan and Aramou are rookies with no NFL experience.

I'd definiately have a look at rodgers if he we're released he was awesome in college and has barely seen the field, but given his injury history and collar bones knack of never fully healing i wouldnt be interested in sending anything above a 6th

rogers is not good. there are games where he just doesn't care about playing. plus his injuries and drug issues.....a big no thanks.

Back
Top Bottom