Willie Copeland | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Willie Copeland

DolphinDiva

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I was curious about Copeland so I went and looked him up
Career Highlights

2006: Played in all 10 games, making nine starts ... Earned second-team All-GSC honors after recording 2663 passing yards while completing 250-of-372 passes ... Recorded 27 touchdowns against just 11 interceptions ... Threw at least one touchdown in all 10 games, including a season-high five at Ouachita Baptist Sept. 28 ... Completed 24-of-30 passes for 332 yards against the Tigers to earn Gulf South Conference Player of the Week honors ... His performance against OBU also earned him Football Gazette National Offensive Player of the Week honors ... Threw for 359 yards and two touchdowns against West Alabama Oct. 21 ... Also broke the 300-yard passing barrier with 346 at Albany State Sept. 2 and with 325 at North Alabama Oct. 28 ... Tossed four touchdowns versus Arkansas Tech and three at Delta State Oct. 12, at UNA and in the season finale at West Georgia Nov. 9 ... Picked up a season-best 26 yards, on five carries, in the season opener at ASU ... Was second in the GSC with 2,618 total yards of offense.
Now where I am sitting he looks pretty good to me...yet all I hear is Henne,Beck,McCown....does anyone think he might be a factor if he makes the team?

Anything can happen,but the QB position seems less likely to me then other positions. I would say practice squad if anything.

Valedosta state? Ive never even heard of this school.. Probably right, just camp fodder. Has no real shot at even making the active roster

But what if he does make it?what if he lights it up in training camp?

Even if he lights it up in TC, the regime isnt going to put 2 second round picks and a veteran free agent behind an undrafted rookie free agent... I just dont see it happening...

But what if he does make it?what if he lights it up in training camp?

What if NASA discovers a warp in the space-time continuum and Dan Marino returns to South Florida as a 24-year old with healthy knees?!?!?

There's a better chance of me marrying (the fictional) Kimber from NipTuck than Copeland has of making the Dolphins 53-man roster.

In other words...

GO WILLIE!!!

;)

Hey, if it means I get Kimber, I'm all for Willie lighting up the south Florida sky!

...mmmmmKimbermmmmmm...

nipkellycarlson-1.jpg

Sorry...back to football...

hes camp fodder, just another arm for drills...

I have never liked the term "fodder", and while you are correct in terms of his chances, that word is undignified.

Lee2000:shakeno:

Might have a shot to make the practice squad if he is impressive. To me he has 2 options either getting cut or practice squad, active roster has no shot this year.Anyone of these guys can develop into something but a udfa qb would take time even if he is any good.

we shall see. noone knows. all we know is we don't have a reliable QB, so hopefully he will be good. word riggs.

It's always interesting to see what they look like in camp but this guy was just a dink and dunker at Valdosta state, by the look of his stats.

Back
Top Bottom