Willis McGahee finally reported to mini-camp | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Willis McGahee finally reported to mini-camp

A lighter, quicker Willis running behind a better oline will be a beautiful sight!

:clap:

Kinzua said:
A lighter, quicker Willis running behind a better oline will be a beautiful sight!

A lighter, quicker Willis running and..... getting stuffed for a loss would be much better behind that Impro..ve...d Mmmmmfff O Hmmf -line Bwaaa Haaaa..My side hurts...PLEASE stop youre Killing us!!!!
Just busting on ya, anything will be an improvement for Buffalo from last year on the O-Line..now if only they could figure out who will be handing the ball of to slick Willie.:confused:

Kinzua said:

What line? Peter's is solid but thats it...

I have always thought Willis needed to loose weight... to try and get some explosion back.

However, we will see how he stands up to the beating while lighter... that he will no doubt take behind that line.

FinNasty said:
What line? Peter's is solid but thats it...

I have always thought Willis needed to loose weight... to try and get some explosion back.

However, we will see how he stands up to the beating while lighter... that he will no doubt take behind that line.

The Bills have improved their line. First, they sent Williams, Teague, and Anderson packing. Then they brought in Reyes and Fowler plus a young vet, Duke Preston, is looking good at guard. Just 'cause you haven't heard of them, doesn't mean they won't be better (hard not to be since last year's group was so bad). There's a lot more quickness on the line, which should help Willis a lot. He might even get to run outside occasionally! :D

Kinzua said:
The Bills have improved their line. First, they sent Williams, Teague, and Anderson packing. Then they brought in Reyes and Fowler plus a young vet, Duke Preston, is looking good at guard. Just 'cause you haven't heard of them, doesn't mean they won't be better (hard not to be since last year's group was so bad). There's a lot more quickness on the line, which should help Willis a lot. He might even get to run outside occasionally! :D

Ya, I have heard about the pickups... since I am on BuffaloRange alot. Fowler isnt a bad pickup, and should be a marginal improvement at the center position for you... but I dont see any of the other pickups as "upgrades". More like lateral moves...

A lighter McGahee is very good news for the Bills. He has not regained his explosiveness from college. I have been saying since his 2nd year that he was too heavy. McGahee playing at 215 or 220 will be more effective than playing at 240.

Their OL is not guaranteed to be improved, but it is certainly possible.

I think Mularkey was trying to make Willis an inside "power runner" so they wanted him bulked up, which affected his speed. I don't think that's his natural style. Maybe it was the lack of speed on the oline, but Willis seldom ran outside last year except on broken plays.

Kinzua said:

Did you just mention Tutan Reyes as an "upgrade?" :lol:

Wow.

I live in New Orleans. When he played for the Saints he may have been the worst offensive lineman in the NFL.

...and that was when he was IN shape.

DolphinDevil28 said:
Did you just mention Tutan Reyes as an "upgrade?" :lol:

I think he'll be a solid upgrade over Bennie.

He's relatively young, has playoff experience, and blocked for different kinds of backs.

And all of their RB's had success there, which shows the line is at least giving a solid effort. Steve Smith also had time to run his deep routes, which shows the line wasn't allowing defenders to get all over Delhomme.

If we can just get consistent play this year, which I think we will, we'll run smoothly.

Now only if we can figure out who the heck is playing QB.

Kinzua said:

Its was the Bills are hoping for. MacGahee is one of the best young runners in the game and can still get better but I doubt the o-line will be much improved over last year. Good news for big AFCE DTs, bad news for Willis.

Back
Top Bottom