Willis McGahee Gets "Jacked Up" By Ryan Clark | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Willis McGahee Gets "Jacked Up" By Ryan Clark

dude, thats not jacked up...that hit was a dirty *** hit and Clark deserves to be suspended for the SB and fined. If it were a clean hit then by all means call it jacked up but it was a head to head

Agreed...dirty shot all the way....tucked his arms, ducked his head down and went for the spear instead of the tackle....

I hate that crap

Big time cheap shot!

I was watching the game with several of my steeler fan buds. I called it a cheap shot when it happened, and nearly got into two fights. After the replay one of them sheepfully put his head down and smiled in defeat ... The other continued to defend the play as if there were nothing wrong at all with the hit.

I think that's why I don't like the Steelers. It's not the team, it's how most of their fans are arrogant arses when the subject of football comes up (for those of you without Steeler-manic exposure ... think Pats fans the last few years.)

Big time cheap shot!

I was watching the game with several of my steeler fan buds. I called it a cheap shot when it happened, and nearly got into two fights. After the replay one of them sheepfully put his head down and smiled in defeat ... The other continued to defend the play as if there were nothing wrong at all with the hit.

I think that's why I don't like the Steelers. It's not the team, it's how most of their fans are arrogant arses when the subject of football comes up (for those of you without Steeler-manic exposure ... think Pats fans the last few years.)

I hope the Cardinals beat the crap out of them

That was a clean hit. He got him with his shoulder. There was no way he was intentionally leading with his head.

Well... you folks have got to know that I've been discussing the hit all over the internet since it happened.
Opinions on it are about evenly divided. What many folks outside of Pissburgh that defend the hit as clean don't know is that Clarke was warned, and fined earlier in the season for spearing.

There was no way he was intentionally leading with his head.

If it wasn't spearing, it was only because he messed up while trying. Clarke has a history. If he'd never done it before I'd give him the benefit of the doubt, but knowing what I know there's no way he gets any wiggle room from me.

http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/sports/17675645/detail.html

It's how they play the game.

He definately did lead with his head. Considering some of the other things that guys have gotten fined for I think this deserved a fine.

On a side note I just don't think Willis McGahee is that good. It was cheap and dirty but he was running and did get to see the guy coming at him. I don't know how he got that jacked up.

The timing of the incident I think has something to do with no fine. Goodell doesn't want people focusing on a negative going into the SB.

Well... you folks have got to know that I've been discussing the hit all over the internet since it happened.
Opinions on it are about evenly divided. What many folks outside of Pissburgh that defend the hit as clean don't know is that Clarke was warned, and fined earlier in the season for spearing.

If it wasn't spearing, it was only because he messed up while trying. Clarke has a history. If he'd never done it before I'd give him the benefit of the doubt, but knowing what I know there's no way he gets any wiggle room from me.

http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/sports/17675645/detail.html

It's how they play the game.

It's got nothing to do with his previous incident. Either it's spearing or it wasn't. Both of the commentators said it was clean, and, I agree with them.

It's got nothing to do with his previous incident. Either it's spearing or it wasn't. Both of the commentators said it was clean, and, I agree with them.

They want to make it impossible to tackle. It was bad luck and he did not lead with his head.

They want to make it impossible to tackle. It was bad luck and he did not lead with his head.

Guys make shoulder tackles all the time. Lots of times they end up missing the tackle because of it. He came in, still on his feet, shoulder down and his right arm braced. It was clear he was leading with his shoulder.

This is another one of my "Two way mirror" moments. We would not be haveing this conversation if it was Y Bell that laid the hit on Lee Evans. I am positive. I don't think it's any coincidence that MaGehee was a UM product that he gets the sympathy he is getting.

Guys make shoulder tackles all the time. Lots of times they end up missing the tackle because of it. He came in, still on his feet, shoulder down and his right arm braced. It was clear he was leading with his shoulder.

This is another one of my "Two way mirror" moments. We would not be haveing this conversation if it was Y Bell that laid the hit on Lee Evans. I am positive. I don't think it's any coincidence that MaGehee was a UM product that he gets the sympathy he is getting.

I agree with the sympathy part. It was a dirty hit, IMO. The NFL goes out of the way to protect guys. In some aspects I agree. Others I think make it impossible to play defense. The incident with Kiwaneuka having Vince Young wrapped up two years ago and then letting go because he was fearful of getting a penalty comes to mind.

If that was a hit in the regular season I think he gets fined. I think of the Kenoy Kennedy hit on maybe Chambers on a MNF game a few years ago. The difference was I think McGahee had an opportunity to see in front of him and saw the hit coming.

Like most rules their are gray areas. In hockey a regular season rules are often much different from postseason rules. I see the hit like that. Take the focus off of a guy who had to be taken off on a stretcher and move it on to the game.

Jim Rome mentioned it today and it refreshed my memory. Regardless of the what the feeling on the hit was. The Steelers blasting music while guys are on a knee praying for a guy to be alright was bush league.

I agree with the sympathy part. It was a dirty hit, IMO. The NFL goes out of the way to protect guys. In some aspects I agree. Others I think make it impossible to play defense. The incident with Kiwaneuka having Vince Young wrapped up two years ago and then letting go because he was fearful of getting a penalty comes to mind.

If that was a hit in the regular season I think he gets fined. I think of the Kenoy Kennedy hit on maybe Chambers on a MNF game a few years ago. The difference was I think McGahee had an opportunity to see in front of him and saw the hit coming.

Like most rules their are gray areas. In hockey a regular season rules are often much different from postseason rules. I see the hit like that. Take the focus off of a guy who had to be taken off on a stretcher and move it on to the game.

Jim Rome mentioned it today and it refreshed my memory. Regardless of the what the feeling on the hit was. The Steelers blasting music while guys are on a knee praying for a guy to be alright was bush league.

This in red I agree with. If I owned the Steelers, the person in charge of the music going over the PA would not have a job today. I remember thinking at the time....."WTF is that guy doing?! There are guys laying on the field and he's playing music?"

Not sure how it could be deemed a dirty hit, he rotated his shoulders so that he WOULDN'T hit him with his helmet, but that ended up happening anyway. Kind of hard to really determine the exact position of his head, and to adjust according to that position in a split second.

It wasn't a dirty hit and I am a HUGE McGahee fan. I met him about 3 weeks before his National Championship game against Ohio St. He signed a picture for me. When he hurt himself in that game I thought he'd never play again. That injury HAS affected his play. He is nowhere near where he was before. I think it's part mental and part physical. However, he's still fearless and one heck of a player.

Glad he'll be OK.

Back
Top Bottom