Winless since trading Ajayi | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Winless since trading Ajayi

As much as I hate to say it, to be an integral part of an Alabama running back stable, Saban requires that you be able to block well.

Actually, at Bama...if your a running back and you can't pass block...You will NOT see the field.

Just wait until he has a bad game! It will be full-circle on Drake.

Given the overreaction we frequently see, it may very well explode. That would be short sided. Drake is a very good pass protector, a good receiver, can make people miss, and has some wheels. He checks all the boxes.

Kenyan Drake if he can stay healthy can be a star. Kids got moves and speed with very good vision. What has really shocked me is his pass blocking, usually smaller backs like Drake can’t block but Drake is actually a pretty good blocker. He can block, run and pass catch now that’s a complete back. Just grab a bigger bruiser or use Gray more for short yardage more often.

There was at least one play the commentators commended him for his block on a blitzer. Even if you aren't stonewalling the guy, giving up your body to stop them from coming in is pretty good effort

I think we are averaging 24 points a game since we traded Ajayi.

I think we are averaging 24 points a game since we traded Ajayi.
There was one specific play from the Patriots game that is a big reason I didn't like Jay. There was a Blitzer coming right up the gut and Drake absolutely stood the dude up, chances are Ajayi would have wiffed on that play completey.

Drake is constantly getting us positive yards on 1st down and can pass protect. That is a huge deal.

Back
Top Bottom