Winslow II may finally be ready to bust loose | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Winslow II may finally be ready to bust loose

BAMAPHIN 22

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
Up-and-comer?

Kellen Winslow II?

It's what our expert panel voted: The Cleveland Browns' young tight end is the best up-and-comer at the position right now.

True, in the two seasons that have passed since Winslow was selected by the Browns with the sixth overall pick in the NFL draft, he has appeared in all of two games.

That's right, two games.

Winslow certainly has nowhere to go but up  and from where's he's coming, the motivation certainly is there.

He indicated as much to reporters last week when he returned to the field for an offseason workout that represented his first time actually being an honest-to-goodness member of the team since his rookie season. "Now, it is my time," he says. "I've had a lot of time to think about it, a lot of time I spent with my family, and it's good to be back."

A glimpse at Winslow's injury history:

• He began his pro career as a starter and came up with a team-high four catches for 50 yards, the longest of which went for 21. Next time out, against the Dallas Cowboys, he opened with a catch for 11 yards but broke his right leg during an onside kick. The injury knocked him out for the season.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/browns/2006-06-28-upcoming-te_x.htm

If he can stay healthy, he could be super dangerous. Still needs a real QB though.

HysterikiLL said:
If he can stay healthy, he could be super dangerous. Still needs a real QB though.

From what ive heard Charlie Frye is going to be the real deal at QB, and in what little ive seen of him id say he has the potential

As for Winslow I dont know whether I love or hate him.....great player, terrible attitude

Maybe he changed some

It's what our expert panel voted: The Cleveland Browns' young tight end is the best up-and-comer at the position right now.

After 2 years sitting out he needs to get in line behind guys like Heath Miller, Alex Smith, and Vernon Davis.

HysterikiLL said:
That QB can be Ken Dorsey.

Ken Dorsey's potential is underrated; I think he produced well and has shown a few sparks under terrible coaching in San Francisco. I think Romeo Crennell can work with him and change him around.

Besides, when you have Joe Jurevicious and Braylon Edwards as your receivers, and then add LeCharles Bentley and Schaffer on your offensive line, have Reuben Droughs as your power running back, and have Kellen Winslow (a TE he worked with in UM through National Championships and all), Cleveland just seems like the perfect fit for him.

He can become a "system QB" like Ben Roethlisberger is for the Steelers.

Coming out of college I thought this guy was going to be the real deal. I wonder if these injuries are going to affect his top speed. You'd think he's young enough to recover to 100%.

HysterikiLL said:

i dont know frye i think will be a great future QB for the browns.i did manage to watch him in some of the games he started and he was pretty good.he didnt do stupid mistakes that rookie QB's often make.i think him and winslow could work well there

Back
Top Bottom