With 23rd pick, Dolphins select James Skalski LB Clemson (Bryan Cox reborn?) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

With 23rd pick, Dolphins select James Skalski LB Clemson (Bryan Cox reborn?)

Posts like these make me miss the bills fans

I like Collins, not so much the kid from ND and Moses sometimes looks like he is loafing out there.

I'm afraid of drafting defenders from Mizzou for some reason...
I hear you. Bolton is all over the place. I don't know if flo wants two smaller guys in the middle

There are a few really good ones. Collins from Tulsa looks like junior seau. Kid is good. Bolton, kid from nd. There are some good ones. And moses hasn't been good in years. Even pre injury he wasn't playing as well
What are your thoughts on Surratt, the linebacker not the receiver?

Assuming the Dolphins pick 23rd (current projection), and assuming they keep that pick, and assuming James Skalski is still on the board (he is currently ranked to go around 23rd)....this would be an AWESOME PICK for Miami.

I have liked him for awhile, but I think last night he came into the NFL spotlight with that massive and CLEAN hit on Fields in the Ohio St./Clemson game. He shouldn’t have been ejected but the over sensitive college football rules don’t jive with his game, so stupid but whatever, in the NFL that is a solid clean hit and he does it again and again.

This is about the 10th big hit I have seen from him. The guy is full of piss and vinegar and exactly what the Dolphins need at the LB position. He is also a leader and already a veteran if that is possible. The kid overcame adversity and tragedy, losing his dad in his freshman year, and playing for his dad ever since.

His MEANNESS is 2nd to none in the college ranks. He is very similar to a former big LB we used to have in Miami in Bryan Cox. A little shorter, but you get it. A conversation piece at LB position.

Will Flores see this and have interest? I say go for it. Sewell and Skalski in Round 1 would be major score. They can then focus WR and RB in Round #2.

Tannenbaum is that you?

Also hits like these are not illegal solely bc of how it hurts the offensive player. Ryan shazier paralyzed himself on an almost identical hit.
Yea I thought the targeting call was ridiculous. Maybe unnecessary roughness bc fields was going down. But that was an awful call

What are your thoughts on Surratt, the linebacker not the receiver?
I like his athletic ability, but he is too flat footed for my liking for the position. Now that's not to say he doesn't have a ton of potential. Hell he was a qb not long ago. He is a special teamer that we would have to develop imo. Also don't know if he fits the scheme

He'd be lucky to get a call that isn't just an invite to camp.

I love Micah Parsons, but not over Smith/Chase, and they may not love his character too much to begin with. Zaven Collins is the guy with our pick that I'd target if he's on the board. Fits the mold of what Flores wants in his linebackers. I don't see many other scheme fits in this draft aside from those two.

Yea I thought the targeting call was ridiculous. Maybe unnecessary roughness bc fields was going down. But that was an awful call
No it was a great call. Dude was looking at his own shoes during the hit. Whatever your opinion is of today’s football vs the old days is what it is, but that that was a very dangerous hit and very illegal, there’s a reason they outlawed it

WTF, it was a cowards "look at me I hit hard" tackle (and I use that word very liberally), that showed no awareness of proper technique. There was nothing but intent in it, and he's extremely lucky he didn't do more damage to Fields and himself. Spearing someone with a piece of equipment, should each and every time result in that player being ejected from the game. Not sure what the hell you saw that makes you think otherwise ??

WTF, it was a cowards "look at me I hit hard" tackle (and I use that word very liberally), that showed no awareness of proper technique. There was nothing but intent in it, and he's extremely lucky he didn't do more damage to Fields and himself. Spearing someone with a piece of equipment, should each and every time result in that player being ejected from the game. Not sure what the hell you saw that makes you think otherwise ??
Cowardly? Dude put a shoulder pad in him while basically on his knees. Terrible call, intent? You know this how? Do you understand how hard it is to use your pads while making sure your helmet doesn’t get in there? To square up in a split second, okay.

Cowardly? Dude put a shoulder pad in him while basically on his knees. Terrible call, intent? You know this how? Do you understand how hard it is to use your pads while making sure your helmet doesn’t get in there? To square up in a split second, okay.

His shoulder is now located on his helmet is it ? Are you insane ?

Back
Top Bottom