With The 9th Pick Of The 2007 Nfl Draft.... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

With The 9th Pick Of The 2007 Nfl Draft....

Guys, this is an easy pick.

What would you say we need most on this team? I'd say we need a difference maker. Someone on offense who can score touchdowns. Someone in the return game who can give us great field position and take it to the house. A deep threat that can stretch the field and give Ronnie some running room, and not put so much pressure on an overly-maligned offensive line. As an Ohio State hater myself, it's clear the best guy for us at #9 is Ted Ginn, Jr.

With the ninth pick in the draft the Miami Dolphins select
Laron Landry LSU university...guys we will love this guy...go to you tube and watch him...we have never drafted a safety like this guy...
4.3 speed hits like a truck ...Love to see him come off the corner on a blitz and kill Chad Pennington

THAT WOULD BE NICE, IF WE GET HIM HE NEEDS TO DESTROY BRADY TOO!!

With the 9th pick in the 2007 nfl draft the miami dolphins select.............................................................

The fastest man in the draft TEDDY GINN JR.

I say...

1st LaRon Landry
2a Joe Staley
2b Drew Stanton
3 Craig Davis

.......if my dream came true and we didnt trade or gain any pics

If you want to draft the fastest receiver in the draft, forget Ginn! Until he runs for time he's not the fastest, that title goes to Yamun Figurs. He posted a 4.30 at the combine. I don't remember where he played, anyone else know? If you're going to base his draft position on speed there's your guy! If you're going to base his draft position on ability, I'd go with Bowe from LSU or Meachum from TN before Ginn.

If you want to draft the fastest receiver in the draft, forget Ginn! Until he runs for time he's not the fastest, that title goes to Yamun Figurs. He posted a 4.30 at the combine. I don't remember where he played, anyone else know? If you're going to base his draft position on speed there's your guy! If you're going to base his draft position on ability, I'd go with Bowe from LSU or Meachum from TN before Ginn.

Timed speed is a lot different than game speed though. I'm not defending Ginn, but the 40 yard dash doesn't determine a player's speed on cuts, turns, hooks, etc. Footwork is very important in that. Again, not defending Ginn or discrediting Figurs, but I don't like using 40 yard dashes in arguments. :D

Picking a Nose Tackle in the Top 10 when your defense already ranked 4th last year and in the Top 10 at stopping the run?

Please explain how a DT is a need for our team.

I say...

1st LaRon Landry
2a Joe Staley
2b Drew Stanton
3 Craig Davis

.......if my dream came true and we didnt trade or gain any pics

Aside from Landry I doubt any of those players will still be on the board where you want them.

Picking a Nose Tackle in the Top 10 when your defense already ranked 4th last year and in the Top 10 at stopping the run?

Please explain how a DT is a need for our team.

Because our starting NT is 37 and oft-injured, and the back-up has seen minimal time. There are only a few NTs worth drafting this year, and the best one happens to be a top 10 caliber player. It is a need and great value.

landry,brown or branch would all make immediate impacts,which is what we need.this pick has to crack the lineup right away

My favorites at 9
1) Quinn - not looking like he will be there but we need to finally draft our franchise QB.
2) Landry - Best player available. Tremendous potential and strengthens a secondary in need of a difference maker. Could help two spots as Jason Allen can move to corner which is another need. Don't know if Allen can be effective but you have to see if our 1st round investment can be effective.
3) Okoye - Don't see Branch falling to us and this kid may have more talent anyway. Could clog the middle for us for a long time with the ability to penetrate.
4) Levi Brown - would prefer to trade down to get him but this is a huge need spot
5) Leon Hall - not a big fan but does fill a need and is the most technically skilled of the CB's. Would rather wait for a DB for the 2nd as this is a deep class.
Don't want Ginn as I am concerned at his size and injury potential. Also don't think he's polished enough at WR for a top 10 pick.

Landry. He is amazing. We will hit 3 birds with one stone.

1. Solidify our FS spot
2. Solidify our CB spot (J. Allen)
3. Solidify our Defense as a whole

I've been saying all along, one more DB and we have a Suber Bowl defense. Now if our offense can be a high school offense, we can make the playoffs. But seriously, he is the greatest value at 9 and really has the least chance of being a bust. Sure-fire pick.

Back
Top Bottom