Won't Edge retire early? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Won't Edge retire early?

Phinzone

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
I know this is jump the gun talk, but it's talk none the less.

We just had a very talented Ricky retire on us, what's to stop Edge from doing the same? Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't that Edge's PLAN all along? I specifically remember him saying he wanted to leave the game before he was broken up. Does anyone else remember this? THat's something to consider before jumping at the guy if he hits the FA next year.

Well, I guess if you look at the other backs that retired early(Ricky being the exception). The ones that come to mind are Jim Brown(30?) and Berry Sanders(31?) . I think I have those ages correct. That would mean he would have 3 to 4 more years after FA next year, if he goes off of that time table.

I don't think 3 or 4 years is all that bad considering how fast the turn over on backs in this league has been in recent years. I could be way off base, but I haven't seen too many franchise backs in recent times. They are either traded or let go to FA after 3-5 years. Granted there are some exceptions left.

i dunno, he would come home, where his friends and family is, i think it must be pretty exciting to play in your hometown in front of people you are close with, that alone should let him play for some time to come, but i doubt that he will end up here because i think indy is gonna tag him, yes i know marvin harrison is also a free agent, but edge will only be 26 next season and marvin harrison will be 33 years old by the start of next season, so i think they let harrison go

Al13 said:
i dunno, he would come home, where his friends and family is, i think it must be pretty exciting to play in your hometown in front of people you are close with, that alone should let him play for some time to come, but i doubt that he will end up here because i think indy is gonna tag him, yes i know marvin harrison is also a free agent, but edge will only be 26 next season and marvin harrison will be 33 years old by the start of next season, so i think they let harrison go
Dang! Is harrison really that old already? Man, time is just flying by. I will be dead in no time at this rate! :roflmao: I didn't realize that.

Al13 said:
Edge just turned 26, he'll be 27 next year. Harrison is far more valuable to their offense than Edge is, so I'm pretty sure they'll keep Harrison.

BlitPhinFan said:
Dang! Is harrison really that old already? Man, time is just flying by. I will be dead in no time at this rate! :roflmao: I didn't realize that.

i just checked this 2 days ago, isn´t amazing he is 32 on august 25th, man i saw him when he was a rookie... :shakeno:

LIQUID24 said:
Edge just turned 26, he'll be 27 next year. Harrison is far more valuable to their offense than Edge is, so I'm pretty sure they'll keep Harrison.

i hope they do, i want james in miami

Al13 said:
i just checked this 2 days ago, isn´t amazing he is 32 on august 25th, man i saw him when he was a rookie... :shakeno:
Yeah, it is amazing. To think, if I had played in college and been fortunate enough to make it into the NFL, that people would be making these same comments about me! :roflmao: I too was a 1972 rookie to life. :D

you guys still think edge is the same back he used to be? personally i dont think hes quite as good. i remember dreding the days we would have to play against him, hes not quite as scary now.

catapano said:
you guys still think edge is the same back he used to be? personally i dont think hes quite as good. i remember dreding the days we would have to play against him, hes not quite as scary now.
Well, this is his second year recovered from his knee surgery. If he's gonna have a bounce back year, this will be the one. I will reserve judgement until after this year. If he shows he's 100%, I say go for it. If not, there's always the draft. Provided one of our own don't shine this year.

Back
Top Bottom