word is McClain is a 2 down backer...from mobile | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

word is McClain is a 2 down backer...from mobile

SR 7

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Word is McClain is seen as a 2 down player thats very good against hte run but can't play in space and this is comign from scouts n' such.

I am as high on the Spoon bandwagon as I was on the Willis one several years ago.

I think Miami has a few options here.

1) Drop the big $ on Dansby and use the 12thfor a guy like Graham so there we fill 2 holes.

2) Get a Spoon or McClain and hope we land a SOLB in FA or draft.

3) Get Dansby to play SOLB and Spoon/McClain for ILB.

i saw that also...it's from edgar thompson...reputable??? a journalist??? i don't know

i also saw some other stuff he was saying down there that was WAY off base

The next thing you'll hear is how Dez Bryant only a slot receiver...

Then you'll hear how Gerald McCoy failed a drug test...

Then you'll hear how Joe Haden is only a nickel back...

...the smokescreens and chess matches have begun....

...welcome to the NFL draft....ROOKIES...:lol:

Typical pre-draft smoke :ohno:, Great athlete that will help somebody regardless.

what??? dez bryant is only a slot wr... :lol:

and mardy gilyard is the better of the two... :facepalm:

Word is McClain is seen as a 2 down player thats very good against hte run but can't play in space and this is comign from scouts n' such.

I am as high on the Spoon bandwagon as I was on the Willis one several years ago.

I think Miami has a few options here.

1) Drop the big $ on Dansby and use the 12thfor a guy like Graham so there we fill 2 holes.

2) Get a Spoon or McClain and hope we land a SOLB in FA or draft.

3) Get Dansby to play SOLB and Spoon/McClain for ILB.
Did these people who put out the "word" even watch his last collegic game?(mind you,I've watch most games from his the past season)

He displayed the ability to read the QB,and adjust in coverage.He also showed that he can turn and run,and has great closing speed.Very agile for someone 6'4",and is a sound tackler.From what I've seen,he spends at least 35-40% in the backfield and LOS.....Really dont agree with these people at all.

Heard Jeff Ireland said that he feels like Joey Haynos can be a pro bowler and create mis-matches for Miami....and that Jermaine Gresham has two left feet....

Just sayin...

It's not smoke, it's all true, I have been saying it for a week already, the guy is slow and can't run or cover.

did anyone say MIAMI scouts said this?

WORD IN MOBILE...you know, last year when our HC were there...BP was still there "SCOUTING"

so clearly its word from other teams not miami.

I am not as high on McClain as most, but the same thing was said about Cushing last year as well. McClain is good, is he a difference maker? That I am not sold on not at the #12 pick.

I think he's a 3 down player and in the right system he will be good, but just something about him that doesn't jump out to me. I did like what I saw from Weatherspoon this week. He is rising up my list of wants for Miami. He talks a lot, but he's also a leader out there and that is one thing Miami seems to be missing. I think Spoon can play inside or out. I do think his best position would be a WOLB in a 4-3, but I think he could play any LB spot and do it well.

Back
Top Bottom