• Poll closed .

DolfanDaveInMI

Active Roster
Reaction score
Who has had it worse?

On the Dolphins side, you have:
* The GM search
* Dan Marino accepting then resigning from the front office
* Signing a player to a 6-year deal, then voiding the deal after discovering an ankle injury that will keep him out the entire season, then signing him anyway to another 6-year deal
* Trading a 2nd-round draft pick for a QB who was listed third on Philly's depth chart and who (by almost all accounts) has looked inferior to Jay Fiedler in the offseason camps
* Trading a 4th-round draft pick to move up one spot (in what appeared to some experts to be a bluff) to pick an offensive lineman they wanted
* Ricky Williams allegedly facing a $650,000 fine for a second positive marijuana test and being one step away from a league suspension
* Randy McMichael getting arrested for beating up his wife

On the Lakers side, you have:
* Being upset by a Leastern Conference team in the first five-game NBA finals sweep
* A 9-time NBA champion coach not being invited to return
* Throwing $40 million at Mike Krzyzewski and still not being able to convince him to take it
* Getting stuck with Gary Payton and his contract after being exposed to the whole world that he can't play any more
* Publicly pinning your organization's future on Kobe Bryant to the point that you burn your bridges to the most dominant center of this generation
* Offering Kobe Bryant the opportunity to pick his own coach and supporting cast and still facing the real possibility that he might move across the hall to the Clippers because the Lakers can't dump Shaquille O'Neal

As bad as things have looked at times this offseason, I think the Dolphins' perceived problems have been more public relations than substance. I think the drama going on in Los Angeles right now is of much greater consequence, thus my vote for the Lakers. What do you think?

Lakers if they lose Kobe and/or Shaq, not to mention already losing Phil Jackson and having Gary Payton not opt to explore free agency(he'd be an idiot to do so, and apparently, he isn't).

Miami didn't lose any stars.

Lakers are actually losing good players (and a great coach might I add). They'll lose the most physically dominaning player their league has ever seen. And they could lose another top five player to boot.

Miami's has actually aquired better players. Their offseason "misque's" generally have little or nothing to do with what will happen on the field. And that six year deal Miami signed that guy with the ankle injury to, it only carries a $300K signing bonus. We could cut him TOMORROW and it wouldn't hurt us. Blessing in disguise if the guy can come back and play.

To be fair, the Lakers haven't lost anything yet (besides their coach). Even if they trade Shaq, they'll get a lot in return. As for Kobe, he's gonna stay. :cooldude:

Tabloidwise Miami has had a terrible offseason, but teamwise, we have had a really good offseason.

I dont see how the dmac signing can be called a problem, nor how the Marino saga is anything more then something for us to talk about because in the end it amounts to nothing. Everyone new the ogun thing was coming so that is not an issue even if he holds out. The ricky thing is in appeal and more then likely will result in ndad, nothing, no prob, no fine, no suspension. Randy McM is a little upsetting but in the end I dont see anything happening here as far a legal issues, he may get a slap on the wrist fine from the nfl or team but first offense, very mild injuries to both parties, both parties were charge in the incident. Lift the corner of the rug, apply a light amount of pressure to the broom and quickly slid the whole mess onto the area that was once covered by the rug. release the rug, dust your hands and return the broom to its storage location.

The lakers had a bad season and a worse off season so far, but it has all been talk. So as of right now the lakers have only to replace a head coach. No prob.

Dumb thread, I think we had a great offseason.

The Dolphins offseason has had it's bad moments but we added some quality players. The Lakers, on the other hand, will not be more talented next season than they currently are. This is a no brainer. The Dolphins have made some excellent additions to the team.

We still have to wait & see what happens in Lakerland. My feeling is that both Kobe & Shaq will return.

Well let's see..the Lakers could possibly lose Shaq AND Kobe..arguably the 2 best players in the NBA and Phil Jackson. Who have the Dolphins lost again?

Tim Ruddy? Jamie Nails?..anybody good?..Brock Marion?..is he one of the best players in the NFL?

Greatscott127 said:
I dont see how the dmac signing can be called a problem, nor how the Marino saga is anything more then something for us to talk about because in the end it amounts to nothing...as of right now the lakers have only to replace a head coach. No prob.

True, true, true. The Mac re-signing was a great thing for this club. Marino was never going to play on the field. The Phins had a good off season. Some one else was picking the talent (Good Picks Too!). And the only thing the Lakers have lost (until a verdict comes in for Kobe) is a coach. And if they get Rudy T, so what.

LIQUID24 said:
To be fair, the Lakers haven't lost anything yet (besides their coach). Even if they trade Shaq, they'll get a lot in return. As for Kobe, he's gonna stay. :cooldude:

i hope you are right, as i`m not concerned about shaq, cause if he will be traded..:eek:, we still get something good in return, but kobe has to stay, i`m nervous now, because i have the feeling he will be a clipper, as for the dolphins, how can we have a bad offseason ???? yes there was some drama behind the scenes, if you even wanna call it that way, but from the most important view, the players, we lost nothing, except for the uncertain wale situation, we did put some youth in our o-line, we got a potential star WR,we are loaded in our secondary and i feel have some good depth at LB and some players who could surprise, like poole, bua, jenkins, bell, grigsby so there is only place for optimism, i guess :)

The offseason chaos will soon be forgotten once the season starts especially if the Dolphins go on a winning streak.However if we have a dissappointing season it will loom large at the end of the year.

Back
Top Bottom