Worst Run Defense - Buffalo | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Worst Run Defense - Buffalo

Calvin Clean

Miami will surprise in 2009
Reaction score
Well first off, give credit where credit is due. They let Cadillac run all over them but so have the Vikings and Packers. They let Atlanta run all over them but so has every team that has played Atlanta probably since 2002.

They can be exploited by a good running team. That does not mean that a team with a struggling ground game can run all over them...although losing Takeo Spikes will not help them. Not that we have a struggling ground game. I'm just saying, when we play the Bucs and Falcons, I would be surprised if we were able to limit either of their ground games to under 100 yards. Well, not so surprised if we limit the Bucs' ground game to 100 yards because I don't think they're the premier running team that the Falcons or Chiefs are...but still you get my point.

I see holcombe coming in soon. With the jets down, and the patriots injured the race just got a lot closer. If the bills can get their O going that would probably jump start their D. Though right now you can tell the loss of pat williams is showing. It's almost funny now that the fins are contenders(at this point in Week 3). But that is why there are 13 games left.

While I agree that Atlanta and TB are both exceptionally good running teams this year, Buffalo just overall hasn't looked that good at stopping the run. The loss of Takeo Spikes, their leader on defense, is going to impact that run defense even more. It'll be interesting to see how the season goes for the Bills defense, which was considered one of the best in the NFL last year.

Calvin Clean said:
After three weeks, Buffalo has the worst run defense in the NFL. The Bills are giving up an average of 174 yards/game! :eek:

I think Miami can exploit this weakness in week 5 after the bye. Here's the link to stats at NFL.com:

http://www.nfl.com/stats/teamsort/NFL/DEF-RUSHING/2005/regular?&_1:col_1=7&_1:col_2=7

Meanwhile, Miami's run defense is ranked fourth yielding only 76.3 yards/game. :up:

sounds like ronnie will have another 100 yard game, and willis will have a long day:D

Granted Atlanta ran over them for 236 yards, and Tampa ran for 191 yards. However, this was supposed to be one of the premier defenses in the NFL this year.

Buffalo has some serious weaknesses from problems with the run defense and a struggling rookie QB. I believe Buffalo is a 500 team at best this year.

But wait a min. All the Bills fans here said that the Bills would have the best defense and nobody can stop them. I guess they are wrong once again.

A huge problem they're having against the run is the loss of Pat Williams. Having him next to Sam Adams inside completely took away the inside running option. Much like our run defense suffered when we lost Larry Chester...and has been much better since we brought in Keith Traylor.

DolphinDevil28 said:
This thread is eerily missing posts from the likes of KGUNBILLS, Wagon Circler and Justasportsfan.

:lol:

JP Losman + the Bills defense = Bills fan repellent!!!! :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

FinfanInBuffalo said:
JP Losman + the Bills defense = Bills fan repellent!!!! :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

It is a beautiful thing. :)

Back
Top Bottom