Would be ecstatic with this first round | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would be ecstatic with this first round

Yes a QB can, of he plays for Belichik and is surrounded by a great OL. Tua not that guy.
While the Pats have won a lot of super bowls in the past under those two, they weren’t the only ones winning. Other teams have achieved it too. I don’t know if Tua is that guy or not, but he’s better than the rest of the draft eligible quarter backs coming out.

The people that argued against trading a 2nd round pick for Josh Rosen, self included, were absolutely correct.

It was a bad idea, for many reasons, which have virtually ALL become manifest in exactly the manner we said they would.

Those that don't want to see it, can go on denying, and pretending that nobody could have seen the situation unfolding as clearly as some of us did. But that's naive.

And yet our wonderful GM did it with the blessing of the owner. Wasted picks. Cardinals, Eagles, etc... Whoever trades with Miami knows the deal.

I was vehemently against the Rosen move- made no sense to trade Rd2 for backup QB.
But ultimately may workout to our advantage.
I really believe an OL of McCoy, Tunsil, Davis with Fitzpatrick QB would’ve been somewhat competitive..
Minkah doesn’t bitch out..
Miami wins 3 games hence no Tua...
Only odd silver lining.

In sort of a weird, Butterfly Effect way.

If we get Tua Tagovailoa then I'll stop complaining about the Rosen trade purely on the basis of the idea that a butterfly's wing flap in the Andes could cause a monsoon in India.

I think he's in the Chandler Jones or John Abraham area for me as a prospect. He clearly has double digit sack potential at the next level once he adds some strength.

Not quite Myles Garrett or Jadaveon Clowney or Julius Peppers or Mario Williams as prospects coming out, but he's only a notch below that. I mean I'd take John Abraham in his prime over Clowney.

Young’s frame is crazy. Takes some snaps off effort wise but you definitely see those tools at work. Looks pretty damn ideal to me for multiple fronts. Looks a little bored which isn’t unusual with top tier talents who know it.

More I watch Okudah the more I’m coming around on it top 10. He’s Uber fluid and making it look easy tonight. I mean real easy. so easy he’s got his head in the backfield the whole game.

what’s the thought on the Arnette kid?

Last edited:
Young’s frame is crazy. Takes some snaps off effort wise but you definitely see those tools at work. Looks pretty damn ideal to me for multiple fronts. Looks a little bored which isn’t unusual with top tier talents who know it.

More I watch Okudah the more I’m coming around on it top 10. He’s Uber fluid and making it look easy tonight. I mean real easy. so easy he’s got his head in the backfield the whole game.

got the tools but has been underwhelming in his career. Multiple year starter, having the best year of his tenure so far but he gets beaten like a drum vertically

Love it for the pass rush, which is obviously a huge need for Miami (what isn't). But Miami has to get a quarterback, otherwise this whole rebuild isn't getting off the ground.

If you come outside it this draft with Tua, Okudah and the basis of an Oline.m- well you’ve won the draft.
You have your franchise QB
Set of shutdown corners (Howard/Okudah)
Have to protect Tua- one knock- he may be little brittle lower half -
I’m investing FA $$, Houston pick OL-
Maybe even Pitt pick depending on the board.

That draft would improve the team but not season ticket sales. Hard to sell season tickets when their fan base commits mass suicide

Okudah looks top 5 to me.

I want a qb and I want o line top 2 picks.

Unfortunately I’m feeling like the o line value is not gonna be there come our 2nd 1st rounder.

I like wirfs as a guard but Id prefer better feet and foot speed period top 10 there. Kinda reminds me of the college tackle at Nebraska kid who kicked inside in the pros and was drafted by the saints in the 1st round. Had a nice career but not special. And he was probably a better foot athlete

Agreed, I think there's a good chance he drops past 15, feet don't look nimble enough for Tackle.

Diggs is looking good this year, could be an option for our 3rd pick

Back
Top Bottom