Would Dolphins dare to draft Mallett 15th? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would Dolphins dare to draft Mallett 15th?

FinAtic8480

Active Roster
Reaction score
Miami Dolphins fans should be more comfortable than most with the idea of drafting Arkansas quarterback Ryan Mallett.

Mallett enters the NFL with multiple question marks despite a rifle arm and prolific statistics in a pro-style offense. Drug rumors have been persistent. On the field, he's considered sloth-like in his movements.

All the same was said about Dan Marino. He's in the Pro Football Hall of Fame now, and the Dolphins still are searching for his replacement after a dozen years, an issue we explored Wednesday in a piece about Bill Parcells defending the Dolphins' decision to draft left tackle Jake Long instead of quarterback Matt Ryan in 2008.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/39249/would-dolphins-dare-to-draft-mallett-15th

Stop teasing us

Would Dolphins dare to draft Mallett 15th?

No.

Wish they would though.

i would love ryan mallett... for every ryan leaf, theres a dan marino.. i think i'll take my chances..

We've done some dumb **** over the years so, yeah, we'd do it.

JCane doesnt want a solution at QB. Remember that if we meet in staff madness my fellow FH members.

I would think drafting a QB with the 15th would extend both Ireland and Sporano's lifeline by at least another season. Not so sure if thats a good thing, but its hard to argue with:

Ross: WTF happended this year?
Tony: I went with the best QB on the roster (Mallet). We had a QB competition and he won so we started him instead of Henne. Mallet is a rookie and needs to develop.
Ross: Crap, now I have to keep you around for longer.

I would think drafting a QB with the 15th would extend both Ireland and Sporano's lifeline by at least another season. Not so sure if thats a good thing, but its hard to argue with:

Ross: WTF happended this year?
Tony: I went with the best QB on the roster (Mallet). We had a QB competition and he won so we started him instead of Henne. Mallet is a rookie and needs to develop.
Ross: Crap, now I have to keep you around for longer.

You are dead on. I have thought this all along.

I would like to trade back, and then if we took him, it wouldn't piss me off. But honestly, the fins FO seems like the FO that's the most excited about Mallett.

I would really love it, if they take Mallet at 15. What is the worst that can happen? We would be looking at this scenario again next year...

Mallet has better accuracy and 10 times better pocket awareness than Henne. I'm not familiar with the off field stuff that could be the key to the puzzle.

I would love to draft Mallett, but not at #15. I think a trade down in the 20's for a 2nd RD pick is our priority right now!!! If he's there in the 20's, we pull the trigger. He is an obvious upgrade over Henne. I'm hoping Henne finally gets it, but i can't see it happening. Mallett has a stronger arm, better deep ball accuracy, and didn't have the line or WR's Henne had in college, yet grossly outperformed him against better competition!!! Over their last 2 years in college Mallett- 491/814 7493yds 62 TDs 19 INTs Henne-365/606 4446yds 39TDs 17 INTs. Thats not even close!!! Henne also looks so uncomfortable in the pocket and it seems like he has no confidence!!! Thats something that is definitely not missing in Malletts' game. He's borderline ****y and i love that in a QB!!! Marino would yell at his WR's and had a fire inside him that made the team play better for him. That is a great leader in my book. The last time we took a ****y, strong-armed QB with rumored drug issues, it workrd out pretty well for us!!! I'm in no way trying to say that he will be the next Marino but you never know??? Aaaron Rodgers and Drew Brees were passed over by many teams(twice for us on Brees). Tom Brady was a 6th Rd pick!!! Lets get this guy and stop this QB carousel instead of looking back at all the failed trades and draft picks we used on garbage QBs!!!

If the FO likes him, it would be a huge mistake to pass at 15 and hope to find a way to get him later. If you like him, pull the damn trigger.

Back
Top Bottom