Would you be mad if | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would you be mad if

i don't believe that tight ends change games. i would say that they are a luxory, and if you are stocked everywhere else, you can take one.

a team with as many needs as us has no business taking a tight end in the first round. we had a good tight end, we just let go. didn't even get anything for him....

Shockey and Heap seem to do a good job on their team, and of course Gates and the Gonz does a great job on their team, and I'm sure Winlow will make a big different with Cleveland starting this year.

there is nothing i would like more than to see a hurricane become a dolphin especially such a high caliber player like Greg Olsen. Now, while he might truely be a game changing player and a talented player, the dolphins need to build up the o-line in order for this great talent to be successful. To me the dolphins need to get an OL at #9 and i believe that levi brown will be there at #9 so my pick is him. I have seen it happen to many times that a college player with great talent and potential be put into the wrong situation and not produce the way that everyone thought.

I believe that with our o-line being so week and our QB situation still being screwed up... like the idea of Hilary Clinton running for president of US... i believe that bringing Greg Olsen with #9 pick would be a poor decision by the dolphin brass when they could potentially pick Levi Brown or Brady Quinn to solidify the O-Line or QB positions a bit more.

#9 Miami Dolphins select Levi Brown OT Penn St.:dolphins:

i would be so dissapointed. if the ol or wr we want isnt there then go for either nelson or landry

Miami reached a little and selected Former Hurricane TE Greg Olsen at the number 9 position. Hear me, if we can't get the QB's we want, nor the OT, with such depth at WR, why not get a game changing TE, and then pick up the WR and OL in the 2nd round with the 2 picks we have there. I'm not saying this is a sane thought, but let's face it, we need game changing play makers on the O, we have decent WR's and can still grab a good one in the 2nd round at 40...and a good OL at 60. Olsen is a great TE in the Hurricane tradition, and while we might pay a bit much for him, I feel he's worth it in the long run. I've thought about this O all offseason and I've read all the expert's thoughts, and mock drafts..then I look at our team, and I just think we need to do something a bit odd, but needed.

Your thoughts.

I would stake my life on the fact that at his first HC job, a man known for offense and was a OC last job would, as his first priority, would fix our QB problem.

We are trading up in the draft.

Miami reached a little and selected Former Hurricane TE Greg Olsen at the number 9 position. Hear me, if we can't get the QB's we want, nor the OT, with such depth at WR, why not get a game changing TE, and then pick up the WR and OL in the 2nd round with the 2 picks we have there. I'm not saying this is a sane thought, but let's face it, we need game changing play makers on the O, we have decent WR's and can still grab a good one in the 2nd round at 40...and a good OL at 60. Olsen is a great TE in the Hurricane tradition, and while we might pay a bit much for him, I feel he's worth it in the long run. I've thought about this O all offseason and I've read all the expert's thoughts, and mock drafts..then I look at our team, and I just think we need to do something a bit odd, but needed.

Your thoughts.
Id trade down and gather more picks and if olsen were still there then maybe?:cooldude:

So none of you guys would do something out of the norm to get this O better, if we couldn't get the QB's or OT in the top of the draft..just go safety or WR even though those aren't the greatest need on this team at this moment. We have Chambers, Booker, Campbell, Hagan, and Vick at the WR spot, it takes a year or 2 for most rookies to catch on to the pro game, occassionally you get lucky. Other than that, the people you guys have named may not start this year. But a good TE would, Landry may or may not beat out the safties we have, since this D isn't that easy to learn. I'm not sure who a sure fire winner in this year's draft. You could really see the gems at the Top of most of the past draft..this one seems more of a hit or miss than usual.

You could pickup Derek Shouman at boise state as a free agent and he as good of combine as any other player. He also was a productive tightend in college in a run first ofense.

If we don't get the QB's and the OT, who's more of an impact player, other than the WR from GA..who I don't think we get a chance at either?

DE/OLB Gaines Adams
CB Leon Hall
DT Alan Branch
DT Adam Carriker
S Laron Landry (Though I'm slightly opposed to drafting a safety)

Back
Top Bottom