Would you be mad if | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would you be mad if

I dont think Greg Olsen is as far fetched as many people on this website think...He is the best player at his position and remember Vernon Davis went #6 overall last year and he had similar combine numbers as Greg Olsen...Many experts are saying the only reason his numbers where so low was because he was under utilized in a struggling Hurricane offense...And I dont know if you guys remember this but Ronnie Brown was a nobody until he tore it up at the combine...Im not saying i hope we draft him, becuase i think there are better players available and im ok going into the season with D-Mart and Peele...But i just dont think drafting Greg Olsen is that far fetched...

Ronnie was a nobody? to people that didnt actually watch college football, yes. he was. thats just a ridiculous statement. honestly. and greg olsen didnt even come CLOSE to vernon davis's combine. u serious? not to mention Vernon Davis DOUBLED anything Olsen did production wise in college.

As much as I like Olsen, there are a few good TE that would be available later in the draft, so I would see no need to make such a reach.

I'd turn the TV off and not even log on the internet to see the rest of our picks.

:sidelol:

At number 9, Olsen wouldn't cross my mind. The thing is, we're at pick number 9, and there are several prospects we have a chance at that would be more of a better impact, IMO.

I'd turn the TV off and not even log on the internet to see the rest of our picks.

maybe you would be upset...but if your a true finfan...Id make a wadger that you wouldnt beable to keep the tv off

Miami reached a little and selected Former Hurricane TE Greg Olsen at the number 9 position. Hear me, if we can't get the QB's we want, nor the OT, with such depth at WR, why not get a game changing TE, and then pick up the WR and OL in the 2nd round with the 2 picks we have there. I'm not saying this is a sane thought, but let's face it, we need game changing play makers on the O, we have decent WR's and can still grab a good one in the 2nd round at 40...and a good OL at 60. Olsen is a great TE in the Hurricane tradition, and while we might pay a bit much for him, I feel he's worth it in the long run. I've thought about this O all offseason and I've read all the expert's thoughts, and mock drafts..then I look at our team, and I just think we need to do something a bit odd, but needed.

Your thoughts.

I like Olsen and I'm a canes fan but here's the thing....you don't take the 25th best player on the board at 9....at 9 you want real value and Olsen is not value at 9....if we move down and then move down again and take him in the late 20's and get a few extra picks that's one thing....but at 9 we're gonna have our choice of great talent there....I think Quinn will be gone but I think we could take Branch or Ginn and tho we took a safety last year I wouldn't be surprise if we took Laundry there depending on who's gone at that time.

Ozzy rules!!

Wow, you people read into that a lot.

What I was saying is, it would be a ******ed pick. We already signed a TE and it is definitely not going to be the pick. So why even discuss it if it's not a possibility?

Although Olson may be a good player just another example of the combine
affecting the draft alot more than what a person can actually do.

I was watching the multimedia clips on the miami website and they interviewed Joe Thomas and Zach Miller at the combine. Maybe they are targeting Miller for TE. Sure wouldn't be in the first round though.
I would not mind picking Miller in the 2nd round. I rather take him than Olsen with the 9th pick. Now, if we trade down, and take Olsen and Stanton in the first, that would be different.
By the way, I'd never think of cheering for another team.

i don't believe that tight ends change games. i would say that they are a luxory, and if you are stocked everywhere else, you can take one.

a team with as many needs as us has no business taking a tight end in the first round. we had a good tight end, we just let go. didn't even get anything for him....

a bit of a reach and i would not want a TE in the 1ST RD even if they traded down we have more pressing needs

I dont think Greg Olsen is as far fetched as many people on this website think...He is the best player at his position and remember Vernon Davis went #6 overall last year and he had similar combine numbers as Greg Olsen...Many experts are saying the only reason his numbers where so low was because he was under utilized in a struggling Hurricane offense...And I dont know if you guys remember this but Ronnie Brown was a nobody until he tore it up at the combine...Im not saying i hope we draft him, becuase i think there are better players available and im ok going into the season with D-Mart and Peele...But i just dont think drafting Greg Olsen is that far fetched...

I think you kind of feel where I'm going, this would be an usual pick, but if he's in a O that gets him the ball, he has good hands and is tough. I don't think the U used him enough, but when he did get the ball he was exciting. Again this is thinking outside the box type stuff..trying to figure out how to get the more out of our draft with immediate impact players. This kid is only going to get stronger as the years go by.

:sidelol:

At number 9, Olsen wouldn't cross my mind. The thing is, we're at pick number 9, and there are several prospects we have a chance at that would be more of a better impact, IMO.

If we don't get the QB's and the OT, who's more of an impact player, other than the WR from GA..who I don't think we get a chance at either?

Back
Top Bottom