WOW, the tables have turned. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WOW, the tables have turned.

You have to give credit where its due. Ireland did a fine job this draft.

I still would have liked him to be fired at the beginning of the offseason. I strongly disagree with his draft philosophy. I consider his free agency approach to be a ungodly nightmare. I think our cap situation is a unmitigated disaster. But....

He had a good draft. We have some resignings to take care off, some acorns to pick up, but other then that his spotlight will be hugely diminished until next offseason. Speaking to those that believe he has only had a job for two season: out of 2 free agency periods and 2 drafts, i feel he screwed up on 3 of those. Yet, this draft was the one he hit on and he deserves credit. We shall see how he does in the future.

I still want a new GM but after this season if we fid out that this year and last years crop of draftees was really good , then i will change my toon. On paper this years draft class looks good but I am not a talent scout or gm, after the season we will all get to see how well he did.

So ummm... Judging the draft one day after it's completed is NOT knee jerk??? Every team loves their draft the days following... No one can judge this draft yet... So singing his praises before this class has even taken a snap is jumping the gun in a big way...

Your wrong negative Nancy...everyone hated those pat white and john nalbone drafts. Appreciate a decent draft for once would ya.

The ridiculous thing is that this draft hinges on Tannehill... And Ireland should get ZERO credit for the selection... SERIOUSLY... It was Ireland's shortsighted and outdated philosophies that left us with that gaping hole in the game's most important position... The rest was timing... Tannehill... HAD TO BE THE SELECTION... there was no other play... So Ireland should not get credit for making such an obvious pick...

Had we managed to sign Manning and THEN he selected Tannehill???? I would have been impressed.

The ridiculous thing is that this draft hinges on Tannehill... And Ireland should get ZERO credit for the selection... SERIOUSLY... It was Ireland's shortsighted and outdated philosophies that left us with that gaping hole in the game's most important position... The rest was timing... Tannehill... HAD TO BE THE SELECTION... there was no other play... So Ireland should not get credit for making such an obvious pick...

Had we managed to sign Manning and THEN he selected Tannehill???? I would have been impressed.

manning was a pipe dream and if we got him, we would have probably used #8 on a position outside of qb

I think GM has a new partnership with philbin who has provided him good feedback on what he wants in playmakers and all players along with priorities. the problem before was Parcells was making the final decisions and the sparano criteria for picks and scheme was parcells which means more defense and less offense. Parcells quit the NE Head coach job because of the that draft where the owner overruled him and selected a WR with the 10th pick. Remember the SHE reference and thats when he came up with the groceries analogy.

i honestly don't see how you can look at your team and be happy with what ireland has done. you have NO OFFENSE AT ALL. who is going to carry your offense? reggie bush? i can almost guarantee he'll be hurt this year. the 2012 dolphins will be lucky to win 5 games. 4 years in you expect a GM to have built you a solid playoff contender by then. no chance in hell the dolphins are anywhere near the playoffs this year. if i were you guys i'd want ireland fired.......

i honestly don't see how you can look at your team and be happy with what ireland has done. you have NO OFFENSE AT ALL. who is going to carry your offense? reggie bush? i can almost guarantee he'll be hurt this year. the 2012 dolphins will be lucky to win 5 games. 4 years in you expect a GM to have built you a solid playoff contender by then. no chance in hell the dolphins are anywhere near the playoffs this year. if i were you guys i'd want ireland fired.......

Ill take what the phins have for talent on offense over the Jets, thats for sure!

Have fun kicking field goals!

With the selection of Tannehill, Ireland is hitched to this pick along w/ Philbin. If Tannehill doesn't show glimmers of being a franchise QB in year 3, the FO and Coaching staff will all be gone.

Its almost like you have to pick a side.... be all glossy eyed over everything Ireland does or hate every move with contempt.

Some people here actually give credit when credit is due, and fault when fault is due. Ill be the first to say im no champion of Ireland in any way shape or form, but I loved our draft this year, which is a far cry from any drafts of recent memory.

Ill take what the phins have for talent on offense over the Jets, thats for sure!

Have fun kicking field goals!

you would? lol......that's pretty funny. i can pretty much guarantee the fins will have one, if not the worst, offense in the league.

you would? lol......that's pretty funny. i can pretty much guarantee the fins will have one, if not the worst, offense in the league.

Have fun running the ball twice then passing on 3rd and long every series!!! Ill take our RBs and TEs and the WRs are a wash.

I cant complain about the job Jeff is doing. His picks might be safe and all, but the past 2 years, with him at the helm and without the Fat Tuna looking over his shoulder, he has brought good players in.

Back
Top Bottom