WQAM reporting Packers open to dealing Ahman Green | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WQAM reporting Packers open to dealing Ahman Green

I'd take Green in a heartbeat. One of the top 3 runners in football even with the fumble problem.

Thing is, by the very nature of my above statement, he'd cost too much.

agreed.

Surferosa said:
Is anyone else interested to see what Minor, Henry and Russell can do before giving up OGUN/draft picks etc?

im stuck in the middle here cus i believe this too but i like the possibility of Travis henry cus it takes one away from buffalo and i actually think this cuold be doable but noway to giving up Ogun!
I would take Davenport too for the right price.

Champ said:
I sat we draft Maurice Clarret.......he seems to fit the mold of Ricky, didn't he abondon his team also?

Not really, Mo' GOAT(or Greatest Of All Time) is much smaller then Ricky, though he is quicker. i don't think he's going to be able to take the pounding in the NFL.

Absolutely go get Green. A bonafide Top 3 running back? Are you kidding me? We're going to have to swallow this medicine and move on at some point. Losing next year's first and third would be tough, but then it's done. If we have Ahman Green in place this year, we can resume the trajectory that was in place before the fateful decision. Ricky's retirement will cost us next year's draft. Painful but probably necessary.

**Incidentally, I also believe Minor, Henry and possibly Russel will produce if given the chance. It's just that if you have a shot at a top 3 back, after having lost essentially a top 3 back, you have to do it. First and a third (assuming that's what's on the table) doesn't sound that expensive.

finregime said:
I would love to get Greene as to me he is th 3rd most productive back in the league but I wouldn't like the price and we would definitely only be giving ourselves 1 maybe 2 years to win and that's not logical.I say we try and get a vikes running back in here preferably Smith which would be our franchise back.I know Spielman won't trade our first next year for anything since our second is gone.If all else this is a list to some great backs coming in the draft next year:
1. Frank Gore-Mia
2.Darren Sproles-KSU
3.Carnell (cadillac) Williams-Auburn
4.Mo Clarett
5.Cedric Benson-Texas

Take Clarett off that list. That guy is a tool who will have been 2 full years away from the game by draft day next year. If the Dolphins draft that A$$CLOWN............Man, I don't know if I could still............I can't say it, but I think you guys know where I going with this.
Repeat.......DON NOT DRAFT CLARETT!!!!!! :yell:

I just think a trade for a bigtime back will cost us too much. If it came down to sending Ogun and some draft pick to the Packers for Ahman Green right now, or just waiting until 2005 to pick up Edgerrin James via free agency, I think I would wait for free agency.

I think that if a trade is going to happen, and to me its a big if, then the Dolphins are going to send some draft picks like our 3rd rounder and a future 3rd or 2nd (possibly conditional), to some team for a mid-level back with experience or potential, as sort of insurance in case Travis Minor can't handle the job for a whole season.

The most likely names that come to mind are Tony Hollings, Najeh Davenport, Onterrio Smith, Justin Fargas, and Anthony Thomas.

Ricky's right about one thing, him leaving forces us to field a real balanced offense...play real football as he says...just handing the ball to him wasn't real football.

Just think if Ricky had retired in march Stephen Jackson would be our starting running back, but with that past what about giving Rob Konrad some more carries and use him and Travis Minor like Tampa used Warrick Dunn and Alstott. They're not the caliber players of Dunn and Alstott but with the defense they can still be adequate for this year.

ckparrothead said:
I just think a trade for a bigtime back will cost us too much. If it came down to sending Ogun and some draft pick to the Packers for Ahman Green right now, or just waiting until 2005 to pick up Edgerrin James via free agency, I think I would wait for free agency.

In 2005, James will be a free agent.. Henry will be a free agent and Shaun Alexander will be a free agent..

Right off the bat, there are three top 10 RBs for the Dolphins to negotiate with. James has already stated he would love to come back to Miami, Henry would enjoy nothing more than stuffing it to the Bills and signing with Miami, and I think Alexander could definately be enticed to come.

I'd rather see the team hold on to Ogunleye and the draft picks, go in to the season and see what Russell, Minor and Henry are capable of and go from there.

The most likely names that come to mind are Tony Hollings, Najeh Davenport, Onterrio Smith, Justin Fargas, and Anthony Thomas.

If a deal DOES happen, I'd prefer to see Miami get either Smith or Davenport pending on what the asking price is.

Fargas and Hollings are just a few seasons removed from major surgeries, and Thomas is a dud.

CpuFan said:
I say no thanks.. why do they want to trade him that is the question?

There is a reason.... Is it that he want's a boatload of money, or is it that they want a high draft pick or is it his fumbling or do they want to dump his high salary, or maybe he is damaged goods?

Also they don't like Miami, they have screwed Miami before when they shafted Miami out of Matt Hasselbeck. They have proven themselves unreliable and not trustworthy. If given half a chance they will do it again.

I think there is bad blood between the two front office of green bay and Miami.
I for one wouldn't want this deal to go down at all.

I say F*** green bay let them keep their own messy problems!

Now that being said he can run the football without question. But they have their reasons...

U forget.............the beef started when what's his face was their GM and coach.......now he's over in Seattle.........d*mn, do I feel stupid, can't remember his stupid name right now.

finregime said:
I would love to get Greene as to me he is th 3rd most productive back in the league but I wouldn't like the price and we would definitely only be giving ourselves 1 maybe 2 years to win and that's not logical.I say we try and get a vikes running back in here preferably Smith which would be our franchise back.I know Spielman won't trade our first next year for anything since our second is gone.If all else this is a list to some great backs coming in the draft next year:
1. Frank Gore-Mia
2.Darren Sproles-KSU
3.Carnell (cadillac) Williams-Auburn
4.Mo Clarett
5.Cedric Benson-Texas

Gore???????????????

SSSNNNIIIIIFFFFF Ahhhhhh. I just love the smell of rumors!

Where is JJ Johnson? Didn't we draft him about 5 years ago? Isn't the "Diesel" going to be out of jail soon?

Back
Top Bottom