WR- for late rounds??? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WR- for late rounds???

I am Bane

BAKLAVA
Reaction score
We definitely need a WR.... obviously gonna try to snag one free agent, not too much really out there for us draft most likely.... how about the k-state kid Jordy Nelson though?

This kid is impressively fast, shifty and a smooth runner. He has great hands and focus, great work ethic, and has decent size with decent blocking ability. He seems to be great in the intermediate game, goal-line situatations, and in middle of field, as well as the obvious use of his speed downfield. check him out, later round draft pick maybe???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ek0ANQ8bRfo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ma8a3L1jZf8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIUu-nLx0lw

they even mic'd him up during a practice, kinda funny, if you want to check out

Last edited by a moderator:
Nelson will probably go in round 3 or 4.

Late round we could get either Marcus Monk or Ernest Wheelwright.

We definitely need to add some big bodies to our receiving corp. I know a lot of people would like us to take James Hardy if he is still available at 32. But there are definitely some other big WR's who I think could be decent sleepers - Marcus Monk, Mario Urrutia, Maurice Purify, and Toddy Blythe are all 6'5 or bigger. There not going to be burning anybody downfield, but could be useful in the redzone, especially if we don't upgrade at TE.

clear.gif
Jordy Nelson, Kansas State
Height: 6-2. Weight: 215.
40 Time: 4.54.
Projected Round: 4.

Jordy Nelson needs to get his 40 time down, but he has certainly established himself as a talent wide out in 2007. He registered three straight 10-plus-catch performances, all for at least 116 yards and a touchdown against Missouri State, Texas and Kansas. Nelson's worst outing, as of Oct. 6, is a 82-yard day against San Jose State.

I would prefer to get Earl Bennett. He has the SEC reception record and he did it with three different QB's.One of which was Jay Cuttler.

Earl Bennett, Vanderbilt
Height: 6-0. Weight: 200.
40 Time: 4.46.
Projected Round: 2-3.

Earl Bennett has declared for the 2008 NFL Draft.

Bennett's numbers slipped a bit in 2007, but you can attribute that to horrendous quarterback play. He had 75 catches, 830 yards and five scores.

Bennett managed 82 receptions and 1,146 yards in 2006. Caught 79 passes a year ago as a freshman.

clear.gif
Jordy Nelson, Kansas State
Height: 6-2. Weight: 215.
40 Time: 4.54.
Projected Round: 4.
Jordy Nelson needs to get his 40 time down, but he has certainly established himself as a talent wide out in 2007. He registered three straight 10-plus-catch performances, all for at least 116 yards and a touchdown against Missouri State, Texas and Kansas. Nelson's worst outing, as of Oct. 6, is a 82-yard day against San Jose State.

I would prefer to get Earl Bennett. He has the SEC reception record and he did it with three different QB's.One of which was Jay Cuttler.

Earl Bennett, Vanderbilt
Height: 6-0. Weight: 200.
40 Time: 4.46.
Projected Round: 2-3.
Earl Bennett has declared for the 2008 NFL Draft.

Bennett's numbers slipped a bit in 2007, but you can attribute that to horrendous quarterback play. He had 75 catches, 830 yards and five scores.

Bennett managed 82 receptions and 1,146 yards in 2006. Caught 79 passes a year ago as a freshman.

Jordy might not be flying by people in the NFL, but he works the intermediate game so well still.... and plus his 40 time not great, but he is so quick on that field. Ginn is our speed guy anyways!!!

I'm going to peddle an App star.
Dexter Jackson, recently the only App player to play in the senior bowl. One of the top ranked WRs for the upcoming draft.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeuCmr5dfns
that video doesn't include most of this season's great catches. He has a great work ethic, he is also on the track team.

clear.gif

heres a great picture of him

I like Nelson. I think we've got to take one of these rec. at some point in day2. Marcus Monk wouldn't be bad either.

nelson and jackson wont be there late. justin harper is a name that bears watching as a few of the gurus on the board have said.

Did you guys notice on the video that nelson had burned the corner aquib from kansas. Wow, thats the very reason why I think we should avoid that corner. It seems to me he doesn't have the speed to keep up with the elite. I mean this guy runs a 4.54 supposedly. Whats going to happen with a randy moss twice a year?

Back
Top Bottom