WR Malik Washington | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WR Malik Washington

I don't doubt the player... heck, he was supposed to go much earlier.

What I doubt is the value to our offense. He's a similar player to Waddle and Hill... and I get the utility to have depth, but... I really think we need some size in there somewhere.

I would have taken Rice or Miller there.
I just dislike the approach.
I think they signed TE Smith to be that bigger receiver they need. I think they will use Smith similar to the way Gesicki was used before McDaniel arrived.

Smith has excellent receiving skills and unlike Gesicki, he actually uses his size to break tackles.

As far as Washington is concerned, they need a third WR who is effective in the slot and hopefully he will fill that position. If not, there are still veteran WR’s available they can sign to fill that position.

I think they signed TE Smith to be that bigger receiver they need. I think they will use Smith similar to the way Gesicki was used before McDaniel arrived.

Smith has excellent receiving skills and unlike Gesicki, he actually uses his size to break tackles.

As far as Washington is concerned, they need a third WR who is effective in the slot and hopefully he will fill that position. If not, there are still veteran WR’s available they can sign to fill that position.
While I love the Smith signing... I honestly believe most TEs are intermediate threats... and while that helps in the red zone, I still think we need a player or two that can work the sideline.

Our best guy last year was Cedric Wilson... he scored a few toe tapper plays that used his size, and that isn't even his game, he's a big slot.

I sure hope it's Chark... he isn't great, but as a 4th or 5th target, he doesn't have to be.

While I love the Smith signing... I honestly believe most TEs are intermediate threats... and while that helps in the red zone, I still think we need a player or two that can work the sideline.

Our best guy last year was Cedric Wilson... he scored a few toe tapper plays that used his size, and that isn't even his game, he's a big slot.

I sure hope it's Chark... he isn't great, but as a 4th or 5th target, he doesn't have to be.
I still have hope that EZ can fill the role you are referring to. He just needs to be able to stay healthy but if he can, I think he has the size and skillset to be able to have an impact on throws to the sideline as well as making catches in the red zone.

Such a good guy, he has 2 degrees, in Physcology and Organizational Leaderhip and a Masters in Higher Education.

Dj Khaled Compliment GIF

If I had to put a theme to this draft class, I would have to say it is toughness. Every guy they drafted plays with an edge. Even the offensive players like Patrick Paul play with an attitude. That is something that Miami has kind of lacked for a few seasons now.

With all of that, why did he not go earlier?

Because most teams went a different direction with their early draft picks, like QB or defensive positions.

As a matter of fact, new records were set with the number of similar positions selected in the 1st round - like QB for an example.

Because the draft will fill some of the holes on your team but you don't know which ones until it's over. You'll see plenty of guys sign over the next few months that will play quality snaps in 2024 for their new team.

Maybe the dolphins had their eyes on certain guys that didn't fall to them and their backup plan was to sign some of these FAs if that's what happened. I expect Beckham to sign this month and wouldn't be surprised if we sign a OG as well. You fill your roster out through the draft, hopefully by BPA, and then you fill any remaining holes after the draft with solid stop-gap veterans that can come in and contribute.

Stop making so much sense!

You know how it makes the "Lemmings" so much noisier. - LOL

Back
Top Bottom