WR or CB in round 1? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WR or CB in round 1?

WestSideFin

Active Roster
Reaction score
2013 NFL Mock Draft – Updated Miami Dolphins First Round Projection
December 14, 2012 06:20 PM EST
Miami has quickly become a quality NFL team as first-year head coach Joe Philbin has done a good job in making changes with the Dolphins.

While the team has improved, more talent is necessary for them to compete with the likes of New England and Baltimore and this off-season could have some big moves being made. While using free agency is one way to address those needs, the draft is another and here is a look at the top prospects for the team in the first round.

Dee Milliner is the best college football corner in this year's draft and a player that has the speed and size to play against any type of wide receiver. With a need for more talent in the secondary, this youngster from Alabama has all the skills needed to become a force on defense at the professional level.

Another option for the team is wide receiver and Keenan Allen from Cal is perhaps the best prospect this year. Allen has good size, speed, and terrific hands and would give Miami another playmaker on offense, something this team needs to continue the growth of rookie quarterback Ryan Tannehill.

Both these young men have the skills to help this team and free agency will play a major role in who this team takes in the 2013 NFL Draft, but when looking for young talent, Milliner and Allen could both help the Dolphins next season.
Just thought this was a cool little look into the future milliner or allen?

As long as we don't drive another OL, am fine.

CB...this draft is pretty thin at CB. If you want a good one you gotta get em in round 1.

don't think both will be around when we are on the clock, so whichever one of those two are left I would be happy with or a Dion Jordan, if somehow some way Jarvis jones falls to us then I'm with us snatching him up.

Miliner would be my choice, with maybe having to move up. He is better at CB than Allen is at WR.

Really depends on how free agency plays out. Right now, I would say a cornerback or a pass rushing defensive lineman.

Wouldn't be surprised if they tried to bundle the extra 2nd (from Indy) and extra 3rd (from CHI) to move in to the late first to get both.

WR...I cant take another year of not scoring TDs...

Remember you Have to score points to win the games and CBs are at a disadvantage now because the league changed the rules to favor the WRs...lets actually play by the rules then and use them to our advantage for once...

I am willing to lose games for another year as long as they are high scoring...

2013 NFL Mock Draft – Updated Miami Dolphins First Round Projection
December 14, 2012 06:20 PM EST
Miami has quickly become a quality NFL team as first-year head coach Joe Philbin has done a good job in making changes with the Dolphins.

While the team has improved, more talent is necessary for them to compete with the likes of New England and Baltimore and this off-season could have some big moves being made. While using free agency is one way to address those needs, the draft is another and here is a look at the top prospects for the team in the first round.

Dee Milliner is the best college football corner in this year's draft and a player that has the speed and size to play against any type of wide receiver. With a need for more talent in the secondary, this youngster from Alabama has all the skills needed to become a force on defense at the professional level.

Another option for the team is wide receiver and Keenan Allen from Cal is perhaps the best prospect this year. Allen has good size, speed, and terrific hands and would give Miami another playmaker on offense, something this team needs to continue the growth of rookie quarterback Ryan Tannehill.

Both these young men have the skills to help this team and free agency will play a major role in who this team takes in the 2013 NFL Draft, but when looking for young talent, Milliner and Allen could both help the Dolphins next season.
Just thought this was a cool little look into the future milliner or allen?

Im saying go millinar maybe grab Justin Hunter, Terrance Williams, Cordarelle Paterson, or Tavon Austin in the second theres alot of good wr coming out this year and we have 2 seconds this year so we could double up with a couple studs while getting a freak CB :hclap:

I've been mulling it over and decided the defense is much more solid right now than the offense. We score under 19 a game (25th), but our defense gives up just a point more (6th in the league). Would a top cb reduce opp ppg more than a top WR would improve our ppg? I'd say no. If we sign someone like Jennings then draft Allen or Hunter our offense would be in a shape that could easily add at least 3ppg, which would move us to middle of the pack and probably have us in the playoffs.

we have our qb (tannehill) now get him some toys to play with.........Keenan Allen, Cordarrelle Patterson, Zach Ertz & (fa) Greg Jennings or Mike Wallace.

You go with a CB or pass rusher. As for drafting a WR, Cordarrelle Patterson looks to be coming out, he's the one I would target in the second round, good hands and strong, has much more consistent hands than his teammate, Hunter. Probably will need to work on his route running, most college WRs do, also he can return punts and kickoffs.

Dependant on free agency and of course who falls on draft day ... but honestly if I had to pick now I'd go defensive end

Back
Top Bottom