WR Santonio Holmes is he a Factor!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WR Santonio Holmes is he a Factor!!

mia4ever

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
WR Santonio Holmes - Ohio St

Santonio Holmes has been one of the biggest playmakers in the Big 10 since his sophomore season. In 2003, he hauled in 32 grabs for 549 yards and seven touchdowns. He improved those numbers as a junior, earning All Big 10 2nd team honors after catching 55 balls for 769 yards and seven touchdowns. As a senior, Holmes earned 1st Team All Conference honors after finishing the year with 53 receptions for 977 yards and 11 touchdowns.

Holmes is a threat to score every time he touches the ball. He has the quickness, acceleration, and long range speed to be a big time threat with the ball in his hands. He can take the quick screen and make a big play, or beat corners down the field vertically. He is tough and will not back down from anyone. Holmes also brings value as a kick and punt returner. He could be a real playmaker on special teams, though he was not a full time special teamer for Ohio St. because of the presence of explosive sophomore Ted Ginn Jr.

As with most of the elite playmakers, Holmes lacks the size to be an intermediate threat. His lack of bulk will not allow him to cross the middle of the field consistently. He also may have issues getting off the line against press coverage.

Santonio may be the best wide receiver in the 2006 draft. He is a major playmaker and should make his share of big plays at the next level, as both a receiver and return man. His lack of size may hinder his all around impact as a receiver, but he should be a major contributor for whatever team selects him in April. At this point he looks like a very safe bet to land in the first round and may be the first receiver selected.

Will S.Homles be a factor in the 2006 draft for Saban and the Fin.

#1 If S.Holmes is picked Before the 16 pick ,then a very good Defense player will fall to the Fins

#2 If S.Holmes is still on the board at the 16 pick ,Holmes will be a player of interest to a number of teams (K.C/SEA/Den/Dallas/ect) yes I'm talking about a Trade

#3 if Holmes is there at the 16 pick ,Why not take the best offense player on the board/. forget about TO

And if Saban pick Holmes over Culter I would support that pick 100%

I don't know, I'm not too crazy about drafting a WR with our first pick. We have alot more holes to fill other than WR.

How will FIN FAN feel if S.Holmes has a 70rec 1000yrd 5 td
season

yes I know Holmes may not put those number ,but Holmes has a lot of skillz

mia4ever said:
How will FIN FAN feel if S.Holmes has a 70rec 1000yrd 5 td
season

yes I know Holmes may not put those number ,but Holmes has a lot of skillz

Marty Booker could put up those kind of numbers if we had a QB who was above-average on his accuracy. With that said, we have a Pro-Bowler as our #1 receiver and our #2 receiver has 2 Pro-Bowls to his name. Our WR's are pretty much set this year, we just need a QB.

mia4ever said:
Will S.Homles be a factor in the 2006 draft for Saban and the Fin.

#1 If S.Holmes is picked Before the 16 pick ,then a very good Defense player will fall to the Fins

#2 If S.Holmes is still on the board at the 16 pick ,Holmes will be a player of interest to a number of teams (K.C/SEA/Den/Dallas/ect) yes I'm talking about a Trade

#3 if Holmes is there at the 16 pick ,Why not take the best offense player on the board/. forget about TO

And if Saban pick Holmes over Culter I would support that pick 100%

I don't know where you got your info from but Holmes entered the draft as a junior he never finished his eligibility.

ok What if Jay Culter is not there.

Do you reach for Lawson or Found a trade partner
who want Holmes.

I mean I have ever made up my mind.

Holmes will be a good WR on the next level. But taking a WR in the first is a waste. We have good WRs right now, maybe look at one later in the draft. Thing to remember is Holmes is small. Chambers himself is only 5'10''. If we do draft a WR, we should try to look at someone with some hieght. Some one who can go up for a jump ball a little easier to help out our QB. We need O-line, DB and QB way over another WR

Back
Top Bottom