WR Shaquelle Evans UCLA | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WR Shaquelle Evans UCLA

jim1

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
WR Shaquelle Evans might be flying under the radar a bit in a very deep WR class. Solid at 6-1 215 lbs, everything seems to be there- size speed, quicks, a burst , strength to break the press off the line and his hands seem pretty good. He strikes me as a guy who had a pretty good college career and might be an even better pro. Good concentration and hands in that clip of the circus catch and he shows a burst after getting open deep and having to slow down a bit, a lot like the Martavis Bryant catch I posted earlier. Interesting prospect- similar size and quicks to Rishard Matthews and probably a bit faster.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XfwYOpU2BU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_Yf_WmJvZw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eH566emqYw

I'm far more impressed by his feet control after the catch than the absurd laying on ground catch. That was excellent eye hand feet coordination after DB had pass breakup in back corner of end zone.

His punt returning leaves a lot to be desired though, he seems to consistently back drop on punt returns losing 3 then returning this lost 3 yards equals 6 lost yards and probably a second or more of time the gunners arrive. Also seemed deficient in awareness in fielding a punt inside the 5 yard line only to gain 5 to the 10 costing his team -10 yards.

Too bad his QB has no accuracy because he was wide open almost every time. Has nice speed and control. Looks like a nice developmental guy. Not sure with Mathews, Binns and Williams if there's a fit unless he's a late round flier. What's his draft value right now?

I'm far more impressed by his feet control after the catch than the absurd laying on ground catch. That was excellent eye hand feet coordination after DB had pass breakup in back corner of end zone.

His punt returning leaves a lot to be desired though, he seems to consistently back drop on punt returns losing 3 then returning this lost 3 yards equals 6 lost yards and probably a second or more of time the gunners arrive. Also seemed deficient in awareness in fielding a punt inside the 5 yard line only to gain 5 to the 10 costing his team -10 yards.

Too bad his QB has no accuracy because he was wide open almost every time. Has nice speed and control. Looks like a nice developmental guy. Not sure with Mathews, Binns and Williams if there's a fit unless he's a late round flier. What's his draft value right now?

Beats me, he's a name that I came across and wanted to look into him a bit. At first glance the size, speed, strength, quicks and burst are there, and his hands look pretty solid. The tools are there, but the story under the surface I have no idea. Maybe there's a UCLA fan or West coast poster out there who knows more about him and could shed some light. All I can say is that he seems to have the tools to play in the NFL and had a pretty good college career. He jumped out on film to me kind of like CB Stanley Jean Baptiste did, so that's why I'm on the hunt to find out more about him. WR Kevin Norwood from Alabama looks pretty good as well, smooth athlete and good size, brings some speed and can go up to high point the ball. He's on the radar, too.

Back
Top Bottom