WR we should be looking at in the later rounds | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WR we should be looking at in the later rounds

zach8111

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzDRBxgKMBQ

Jarrett Dillard, WR Rice
5-11, 190 lbs
runs 4.5

but he has the intangibles

best route runner in the draft, best in a long time to come out actually, has BEST vertical in combine over 42 inch. His speed and size is holding him back form being a higher draft pick.

He has the ability to get seperation in the NFL which is what we need and make WRs successful

5th? Might be long gone....very interesting player, I wouldnt be upset one bit if we picked him, Barden, or Iglesias.

5th? Might be long gone....very interesting player, I wouldnt be upset one bit if we picked him, Barden, or Iglesias.
i ust tossed him in my mock for now.. i will move him up but i haven decided how i want to reorder it for him if i put him in there

Brandon Tate of UNC ... injuries, lack of top end speed, good but not great size, etc., might be available in the 3rd or 4th round and would be a good player who will be a solid receiver.

NFL.COM refering to Dillard
Negatives: Lacks great athleticism and explosiveness off the line. Lacks the pure speed to separate from corners or safeties. Has trouble getting to corners and linebackers to block at the second level. Gets knocked off his routes too easily. Won't win many battles for the ball in the air because of relatively weak hands and vertical, although he can shield the defender. Likely a slot receiver.

Was #22 at the combine in the 40 yard dash versus other WRs
was #23 at the combine in the 20yrd short shuttle
was 20th in the 3 cone drill

Lyndon Murtha at 6'7" and 307 lbs
AJ Shipley at 6'1" and 301 lbs
Jonathan Luigis at 6'4" and 301 lbs

ALL OFFENSIVE LINEMEN WHO HAD BETTER 20 YARD SHUTTLE TIMES THAN DILLARD

I would have to pass on him...sorry

Last edited by a moderator:
NFL.COM refering to Dillard
Negatives: Lacks great athleticism and explosiveness off the line. Lacks the pure speed to separate from corners or safeties. Has trouble getting to corners and linebackers to block at the second level. Gets knocked off his routes too easily. Won't win many battles for the ball in the air because of relatively weak hands and vertical, although he can shield the defender. Likely a slot receiver.

Was #22 at the combine in the 40 yard dash versus other WRs
was #23 at the combine in the 20yrd short shuttle
was 20th in the 3 cone drill

Lyndon Murtha at 6'7" and 307 lbs
AJ Shipley at 6'1" and 301 lbs
Jonathan Luigis at 6'4" and 301 lbs

ALL OFFENSIVE LINEMEN WHO HAD BETTER 20 YARD SHUTTLE TIMES THAN DILLARD

I would have to pass on him...sorry
ummm who does that scouting report sound like?
"catching 33 passes for 496 yards. He does not run great routes and will continually get knocked off his routes by stronger defensive backs"... eddie royal, i think he did well.

he lacks pure speed but he knows how to get seperation.. he uses his hip VERY well to do that. Its not all about speed and size, weak vertical? then whats a strong vertical? why dont you post the positives.

you cant make you draft opinions on the so called draft scouts... if so there would be no good late round picks. He could be very good for a late round pick.

Jarett Dillard isn't going to be available in the "later rounds" I don't think.

Dudley Guice will be, and he's a keeper.

Wow, thanks for posting this. The kid is VERY impressive on all fronts! I see him in a few rags being a 5-6 round pick, but as noted above that seems a little late for this guy. His production (WOW!) is certainly something that fits the Ireland spec.

Back
Top Bottom