WTF is Mel Kiper doing on TV? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WTF is Mel Kiper doing on TV?

DirkDiggler

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Call it a grudge if you will but I hate mel kiper from 25 years ago when he called Marino a bust! And ever since then for some reason people still listen to his crap! He is no more informed then any of us in this room. Really I swear as history bears out he is wrong way more then he is right. So if he hates a draft pick then I say embrace it, love it, bet on it cuz its gonna be a great pick!

actually, he's correct around 70-80% of the time... and his knowledge as deep as 7th rounders and priority free agents is unparalleled...

just because he (allegedly) poo-poo-ed Dan Marino doesn't mean he's not good at his trade... obviously, the biggest sports network in the world isn't going to employ a man for 25 years who doesn't know what he's talking about... no one is perfect, and that includes the contingent here who insist Beck never got a chance, Jason Allen's light will "suddenly come on," and Chris Chambers was a winning WR.

if you want to get mad at something, get mad at the fact that every time the Dolphins are about to pick, ESPN goes to commercial.... NFL network rules...

I agree ESPN hit a commercial every time. I went to the NFL network also, I like mayock more than Kiper also. But hope our front office is correct on some of these guys.

I agree with Mel to a point. We arn't getting any values in our later picks! I just don't see the big picture with alot of these's later picks! I

Yeah ESPN hitting a commercial on all our draft picks has gotten to the point of being predictable. I know it isnt planned out but it almost feels like it is. They barely talk about our picks because the next team is on the clock by the time the break is over. The good news is they have had limited time to bash our picks because of it.

I agree with Mel to a point. We arn't getting any values in our later picks! I just don't see the big picture with alot of these's later picks! I

Special Teams and depth at the position, remember how bad special teams were last year??? 4th round through the end of the draft IF they make the team will be mainly on special teams. IMOP we got BIG and fast there, UPGRADE>>>>>>>>:hi5:

Special teams and depth at the position, we got bigger and faster, IMOP Upgrade......:hi5:

All this value stuff is nonsense. Value doesn't win Super Bowls. Athletes do. If Mel was really that good he would be a GM. ESPN keeps him b/c he is a showman. He's very demonstrative when he speaks. Mayock is much better. Mayock will also admit he made a mistake. Good luck getting that out of Mel.

I noticed that both ESPN and NFLN went to commercial during 2 of our picks. It was so annoying. I think both channels need to do a better job talking about the players that are drafted at the time they are drafted. But, normally they are talking out of their a**ess about something totally irrelevant - like Mr. Irrelevant.

bootom line is espn is highly biased and who freaken cares... We don't get any points in a real game based on their bs.

Kiper is worthless, if you listened to him you probably lost IQ points. Mike Mayock runs circles around Kiper. ESPN coverage of the NFL is pathetic at best.

The thing you have to remember about Kiper is that he has never held a job as a talent evaluator for an NFL team.

My problem with Kiper is that he won't admit when he's wrong. The other day he was saying that the jury is still out on whether the Texans made the right choice to take Mario Williams over Reggie Bush. Even though it is obvious that the Texans made the right choice Kiper tried to argue otherwise because he had said that they were making a mistake skipping over Bush.

He's too arrogant, thats why I dont like him. He's gonna sit there on TV and criticize every pick made because the team didnt draft who HE thought they should have drafted. If he's so smart or perfect, why doesn't he become a GM? Obviously he thinks he's god and a perfect scout so he should hit a homerun every time. What a clown.

Back
Top Bottom