WVDolphan's Get Real - "Standing on a soft 17"/Cheeseburger hijack | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WVDolphan's Get Real - "Standing on a soft 17"/Cheeseburger hijack

Status
Not open for further replies.
so, like last year- is it decent cornfed this year? and is Ireland still a boss?

This should be 30+ pages!

This definitely has the makings of a great thread.

vAsI8vy-1.jpg

You lost me at this years defense isn't as good as last years. Turnovers, big plays. What are you watching.

Indeed! This defense are making a lot more plays this year.

If I could give you a thumbs up through Tapatalk I would.

Last years defense was very good and slightly better in point per game. 20.9 to 21.6
In yardage allowed we are much better this year. 322 to 360.
But the big plays, turnover and scores are the main difference why this years d is better.

Considering that QB rating is up about 5 points and defensive penalties are up, it's quite impressive that our D has actually improved.

The only area where I'd guess we might have slipped would be red zone D but I haven't looked it up.

However, if you are proposing some kind of wager then I am all ears. I am willing to bet that we will not win 10 games this season should Tannehill remain the starter for the remainder of the season. If you are willing to risk something in respect to that, I am listening. Anyone else who wants some of that action can get in too.

I offered to make a wager with you -- with VERY favorable terms for you -- prior to the Bears game. I offered to wager that Miami's offensive output vs Chicago would exceed Atlanta's output vs Chicago AT HOME the previous week. I believe the bet was that I would leave the board forever OR you would not post about the QB again until after the Dolphins' season was officially over.

You declined.

You up for a similar wager this week?

pxsmRmS-1.jpg

Yep, red zone defense need some improvement. But the extra points given up in the red zone are being cancelled out with the points off turnovers easily

Considering that QB rating is up about 5 points and defensive penalties are up, it's quite impressive that our D has actually improved.

The only area where I'd guess we might have slipped would be red zone D but I haven't looked it up.

And let's not forget the defense is having to defend short fields a lot more this year with fields having a rough start. So that ppg number is pretty good, although it may also be why we aren't giving up as many yards...

This should be 30+ pages!

If it does not get there this week, just wait until Tannehill plays another decent game.

I suspect it could be this week vs. San Diego. People will rush to bump this thing and make fun of me, completely ignoring the fact that I have already stated in this thread that I think the Phins have a pretty good shot to win this game and that Tannehill could likely play well in doing so.

We always seem to give San Diego fits. They have some banged up CBs. Their rushing attack has not been great and we bring great pressure. It is tough for the West coast teams to come East and win.

It will not matter. Let them have their fun. I always hope the Phins win, but I know what is coming. I guess I am finally numb to it at this point. I was one of those people last year at this point who was dreaming up playoff scenarios. Even after we started crumbling in towards the end and I started to lose hope, I yet again got all excited when we beat the Pats to get to 8-6. I thought we were a lock. :lol:

But, I have a learning curve. The real Tannehill will show up sooner later. He did this week, but we will not always get two defensive TDs to bail him out. It may not be this week vs. the Chargers, but it is coming. I have a feeling the Lions game will be a blood bath. That DL and overall defense has been legit this year. Reggie Bush might be healthy and go off on us just to make a statement to Philbin.

We know Denver is going to wipe the floor with us. Tannehill apologists will blame the defense for sure when we get lit up in those games.

The real test is going to be the game sandwiched in between those. Can Tannehill FINALLY beat the Bills? If he does, I will be glad to see it. FH veterans know that nothing pisses me off more than losing to the Bills or Jests. If we can win one of the next two AND beat the Bills, I may get a glimmer of hope, but I would be very cautious about trusting this team with Tannehill at the helm. I expect the Bills game to be a close, hard fought, contest. We will see what Tannehill has in that game. If we do not win at least 2 of the next 3 games, you can close the book. We would be 5-5 and going to Denver. 5-6 will not give us a shot.

We know what will happen. I am tired of pretending I do not. We are standing on a soft 17. The dealer is showing an ace and will turn over a 9. The Tannehill gang might bump this on Sunday and get their laughs, but they will be forgetting this thread exists in a few weeks. We might win 9 and they will suggest that we have to keep Tannehill because he went from 24 TDs to 25 and we won 9 games instead of 8 so we know next year he can get to 10. :bobdole: Keep standing on that soft 17. Your chip stack is getting milked.

Well then.

In your own post, you stated that this team could potentially win a Super Bowl by building an excellent team with an average QB.

You have repeatedly called Tannehill an average QB. These are YOUR words. Yet you state that the team should not go out of its way to build an excellent team around Tannehill.

So you'd rather have a great QB with an average team around him, and not win a SB, than have Tannehill as a QB, and win a SB?

NEWSFLASH: WE HAD A GREAT QB WITH AN AVERAGE TEAM AROUND HIM FOR NEARLY TWO DECADES. IT DIDN'T GET THE JOB DONE.

Congratulations on becoming the worst case scenario.

Just for ****s and giggles, which 24 qbs would you rank above tannehill wv???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom