Xavien Howard Baylor? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Xavien Howard Baylor?

dolhindan

Rookie
Reaction score
Will he be there in the second round? Looks very strong. I ask this because I think moving down in the first is a real possibility, some teams in that twenty plus range are really wanting to move up I think. I like DT late in the first (Nkemdiche). If not what do you think it would take to move up in the second round to get him. Would welcome you insight. Thanks.

he's baron Maxwell the sequel. I really like him but I think this is a corner draft. There are so many corners in this draft so he may be around in the 2nd. I like that BYU DE Kaufusi after trade down in the 1st and miamis Artie Burns in the 2nd. Either way the draft is setting up nicely for Miami.

he's baron Maxwell the sequel. I really like him but I think this is a corner draft. There are so many corners in this draft so he may be around in the 2nd. I like that BYU DE Kaufusi after trade down in the 1st and miamis Artie Burns in the 2nd. Either way the draft is setting up nicely for Miami.

Bronson Kaufusi will be there in the second, if not the third.

Like the Byron Maxwell comparison, although it might be argued Maxwell was the product of the supporting cast in Seattle. Maxwell shows well in that he has great ball awareness, has great hands and competes well for the ball. Although Xavien may not flash first round numbers, he has great ball hawking skills. Thats what caught my eye also a good sized cb for press cover. I think he could go early in the second. Do you think Miami would have to move up to get him or do you think he is a later prospect and or do you like his game?

Howard might be the best fit/value in the draft for us at CB, definitely worth a look in rd 2.

He is a poor mans DeForest Buckner & is your typical 3-4 DE. Would not surprise if he lands in Pburgh, BMore, or SF.

Kaufusi is 260 pounds at 6'7.

3-4 defensive ends are usually hovering around 300 pounds. Kaufusi would be miscast as a 3-4 DE.

Thats what I got 285, great motor but has trouble getting off blocks sometimes. Good prospect though maybe third rounder. Still would like to here any ideas on trading down in first. Read in earlier post Denver for QB but IMHO that is to far back. Any other trade in the twenties and for what player that might be there at thirteen. I think picking up an extra two would really benefit Miami in moving up in the second to get that second quality starter. Look forward to your thoughts.

If Miami goes defensive end (Kevin Dodd) or somehow Zeke Elliott drops to #13, I think Howard is definitely a 2nd round target. Seems to fit what the team is looking for, a big guy with ball skills.

If Miami goes defensive end (Kevin Dodd) or somehow Zeke Elliott drops to #13, I think Howard is definitely a 2nd round target. Seems to fit what the team is looking for, a big guy with ball skills.

Similar to Eli Apple in that regard, not quite as good of an athlete, but then again Howard doesn't mug receivers down the field like Apple does and he has much better awareness, eyes not locked on to the receivers like Apple does, Mackenzie Alexander style. Howard has better ball skills, too- better ball hawk. I'd rather have Howard in rd 2 than Apple in rd 1.

I agree jim1, the trick is grabbing that extra pick in the second.

Howard is obviously a pertinent consideration in Round 2. The question I have is how fast he truly is. Supposedly he improved his time after a slow time earlier in the evaluation process. I have read that he is slow enough that you may need to regularly shade your safety on his man to compensate for his lack of long speed.

Howard is obviously a pertinent consideration in Round 2. The question I have is how fast he truly is. Supposedly he improved his time after a slow time earlier in the evaluation process. I have read that he is slow enough that you may need to regularly shade your safety on his man to compensate for his lack of long speed.

I think that his speed is ok, especially for a big press corner. Apple is faster and a better athlete I think, but imo he's not a great corner, at least not yet. I'm ok with him at #13 but my preference is Howard in rd 2.

NFL Mock Draft: Chad Reuter has Howard coming off the board in fifth round at 166 to Huston. LOL

Back
Top Bottom