Xavien Howard Super Thread | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Xavien Howard Super Thread

I understand what you want. It's apparent, to me at least, the team doesn't share your view. If they did, it's very likely we wouldn't have gotten to this point.

That's what I meant by head in sand. You are ignoring strong indicators, in the hope that things work out as you desire.

Is it possible that the two sides are close to an agreement, and some small acquiescence by one or the other gets us over the top? Sure it is "possible". I just don't see it as likely.

It looks to me like, in order of likelihood:

X plays this year on his current deal, or a minimal restructure.

The team finds an acceptable trade offer.

Or way less likely than options one or two.......

He gets a blockbuster new deal.

Where am I wrong?
What's apparent to you is mere speculation. Now matter how much you believe in it. Is there strong indication that X will not be back. Yes, we have already discussed that. Simply stating what I want is in no way sticking my head in the sand. It's stating what I want. We've also discussed what I'd like in a trade. So again. Not sticking my head in the sand. It's not done until it's done.

What's apparent to you is mere speculation. Now matter how much you believe in it. Is there strong indication that X will not be back. Yes, we have already discussed that. Simply stating what I want is in no way sticking my head in the sand. It's stating what I want. We've also discussed what I'd like in a trade. So again. Not sticking my head in the sand. It's not done until it's done.
Yes, and the dude sitting in the electric chair isn't "dead" until they throw the lever either, but I can safely "speculate, with a very high degree of confidence, that he soon will be.

All I'm saying is what you want isn't, by far, the most likely scenario. Apparently we agree there.

Yes, and the dude sitting in the electric chair isn't "dead" until they throw the lever either, but I can safely "speculate, with a very high degree of confidence, that he soon will be.

All I'm saying is what you want isn't, by far, the most likely scenario. Apparently we agree there.
I never said what I wanted was the most likely outcome. Stop assuming Mach 😉

Most of the time, what I want goes against probability lol

Hmmmm.......

Unless there is some action by the league, or the team invoking some "action detrimental" clause, there isn't much reason to believe he won't play.

I'm sure his legal fees, and potential settlement costs are rapidly mounting.

All these cases, as far as I know, are civil cases, rather than criminal charges.
Like it or not, he will play, whether at Hou or here or some place else. The massgae thing is not such a big thing among the league, run contrast to Tua fans here.

Totally agree with sentence #2.

You are putting your head in the sand on sentence #1. The team has, by virtue of their actions/inactions, drawn a line in the sand.

As to sentence #3, well that is just emotional sour grapes. I guess some ppl get off on that sort of thing......lol.
Well said, what you want to see is not realistic most of the time.

Like it or not, X. Howard and his contract demands has been one of the biggest stories of Miami's offseason.

I've been in the keep Howard camp, but if that doesn't happen I'd like to see the Dolphins get an equal talent rather than draft picks. I think the window is open for the team and to trade a top corner I want talent back.

With that in mind, who would you want from the teams rumored to be most interested? Those teams are generally listed as...

Cleveland
New Orleans
Dallas
Philadelphia
Denver
SCREW HOWARD & SCREW WATSON!!!!

Well, much like X, he really doesn't have a choice of where he plays, if the Texans don't trade him. Like I intimated, he is seeing cash go out like a huge vacuum has been placed on his finances. That can change a persons perspective/demands.

I don't think much of the individual myself. I'm just stating what I see as being logical from his perspective.

As to your second statement, that is really just speculation. It would seem if the league were going to do something, they would have done it already, if only to be fair to the Texans. Of course it's possible they have been notified on the down low, but if that's the case, having the guy in camp wouldn't make much sense either.

I think the NFL would prefer the issue just go away. If they take such action, without physical proof, and zero criminal charges, they really do open themselves up to a lawsuit.
I agree with everything except the last part.

For the league to take action they don't criminal charges.

They have the proof already. Watsons lawyer admitted he was soliciting for more then a massage from massage professionals. This is evidenced by their own admission certain encounter or encounters were consensual. That admission proves he was soliciting for more than a massage. Or atleasr heavily implies when over 20 women allege similar things. Their admission gave credibility to the 20+ women

They could take action due to the negative impact or image it cost the team and league.

That would be there avenue at this point

Like it or not, he will play, whether at Hou or here or some place else. The massgae thing is not such a big thing among the league, run contrast to Tua fans here.
Don't mistake my views of the reality for me saying it isn't a "big thing". The guy obviously has little respect for women. Now, it's also true that some women have little respect for themselves. That doesn't make it OK.

I suspect that some of these women truly felt violated, while others just rolled with it at the time and now see an opportunity to cash in.

In any case, I prefer to pass on having the "face if the franchise" be seen as a pervert with definate character issues.

Let me put it this way. Everyone would love to have a nice likeable "clean cut" stud player at QB.

SB, or not, nobody would (should) be in favor of a multiple rapist in that position.

I'm not saying DW is that, just illustrating a point.

There is a huge range between the two situations, and everyone draws their own line somewhere in between.

I don't think its as clear cut of a line that you often purport, and you admonish ppl for the sole reason that they draw their line in a different place than do you.

If not mistaken heard a while back that Watson has a no trade clause. Heard he wasn't thrilled about Philly but liked the Dolphins...
Just media speculation. He hasn’t actually come out and stated which teams he is interested in being traded to. Philly and Miami are about equal distance from his hometown in Georgia, so I really see no reason he would be hesitant to go to the Eagles. Especially if his goal is to get out of Houston.

At this point the Eagles have two and possibly 3 first round draft picks in the 2022 draft to offer the Texans for Watson. The Dolphins only have one first round pick in the 2022 draft and that will likely be a late first round pick.

Back
Top Bottom