Xavien Howard the 6th best corner in ‘17? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Xavien Howard the 6th best corner in ‘17?

Feels great to not have CB as a major need. Do we even touch the position this off season or are we happy with what we have?

Gotta admit I was nervous about injuries after we cut Maxwell. I thought maybe it was a desperation ‘line in the sand’ move by Gase. Glad it turned out OK.

Does anyone have an idea of how X did following Maxwell getting canned? Maybe that was the spark he needed. Hope he won’t need it again

It feels like Howard finally turned the corner in 2017. He turned in the 2 best performances, at CB, I’ve seen since the days of Madison and Surtain; against Denver and New England. Howard displayed lock down capabilities and lit the fan base on fire over those 2 weeks. If he can build on what he began to display in 2017, Miami May have found a star?

Last edited:
I like our corner situation but I'm hoping they will get some help next year from the "pass rush"........2017 our pass rush was not very good and it's hard to play corner in the NFL when the QB has all day to throw. So hoping we'll draft a real pass rushing DE this year. We really need one

Ozzy rules!!

I think we are pretty set at the DB positions, which has me excited. If we somehow manage to get a good linebacker crew this defense could be special.

A healthy Tony Lippette coming back just adds to the secondary.

If we can find a solid piece at FS and add at least 2 quality LBs we’ll be in line to have a decent defensive going into next season.

Rankings aside he’s a solid corner at worst and has no limitations physically.

Candidate for an early extension of this FO can learn from their past mistakes.

Back
Top Bottom