Yet Another Gil Brandt List Ranks Dick Anderson as #21 GOAT Safety | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Yet Another Gil Brandt List Ranks Dick Anderson as #21 GOAT Safety

Off topic: Please remove the name Dick from the profanity filter.

Not only is that the most tepid insult you can hurl at someone, but plenty of people are named Dick! Including a great former Dolphins safety!

Gil Brandt is 84 years old and if you listen to him on Sirius NFL radio, somedays he can't remember the names of current top players like Brady and Rodgers and just refers to them as #12. Somedays he's alert but he's doing well to still be around. The point I make is that you shouldn't get upset if he's overlooked a great player from yesteryear.
God I can't stand listening to him on the radio. It's painful, so very very painful.

Ed Reed was the best safety I ever saw. Polamula was a very very close second. Both were unworldly good in a pass heavy era of the NFL.

Ed Reed is the best player I've ever seen in person.

I was at the Ravens vs Dolphins playoff game (beating) and literally watched Reed play CF better than anything I've ever seen. (Reed had 2 ints, one returned across the whole field for a TD)

Unreal to see in person!!

He was and is better than Polamalu. No question

Ravens completely rattled the Dolphins. Pennington was seeing Ed Reed's face every time he went to throw the ball.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs2008/series?series=balmia2008

I would take it a step further and say that Ed Reed was the best football player I have ever seen.

He was physical, athletic, had an incredible football IQ, and had the best ball skills I have ever seen, that's including offensive players.

I agree with that statement.

He was ridiculous!! He was everything you look for and some..

**** Anderson was very good. When was the last time a safety had 4 ints in a game with 2 pick 6's ?
and he did it vs Bradshaw's Steelers.

http://www.espn.com/abcsports/mnf/s/greatestmnf/pitmia1973.html

Only Legends brother!!

4 ints in a game is as many as our team leader had last year lol (Lippett)

Then to get 2 pick 6's...WOW!! (And versus Bradshaw)

As bad as the last couple decades have been (mostly due to Brady), we still have the 3rd best Win% EVER.

We are the Miami Dolphins. One of the greatest franchises ever.

People, in the coming years, will understand the blessing it is to be a Dolphins fan.

Those who have stuck through it like all of us, will be get back to greatness once again.

PHINS FOR LIFE!!

4 ints in a game is as many as our team leader had last year lol (Lippett)

Then to get 2 pick 6's...WOW!! (And versus Bradshaw)

Well to be fair, Bradshaw had a propensity for throwing A LOT of picks! Especially early in his career. That game Bradshaw threw 3 ints and Joe Gilliam threw 3 ints.

Well to be fair, Bradshaw had a propensity for throwing A LOT of picks! Especially early in his career. That game Bradshaw threw 3 ints and Joe Gilliam threw 3 ints.

Haha that is very true. 212 tds to 210 ints career is pretty brutal although it's a different era..

I'm too young but how good was Bradshaw honestly? Was it just that vaunted D?

I'm too young but how good was Bradshaw honestly? Was it just that vaunted D?

Bradshaw had an absolute cannon for an arm. He definitely struggled his first few in the league but he got a lot better after their first SB win. Was NFL MVP in '79, I think. Sure didn't hurt that he played with all that talent on both sides of the ball. I just finished Chuck Nolls biography and there was tension between those two. Bradshaw needs to put on his big boy pants and get over it, imo.

Thanks for the knowledge brother!!

Ya Bradshaw does need to get over whatever he and Chuck have going on.

Life goes by fast. No reason or room for hatred

That book on Noll. One of the best books I've ever read. I have a lot of respect for him.

Back
Top Bottom