You Guys know that they are using this season now to educate Feeley, Right? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

You Guys know that they are using this season now to educate Feeley, Right?

Danny1339

Practice Squad
Reaction score

A lot of people are getting mad & calling for Feeley's head. Why? this was to be expected. He is learning the ropes. If he gets a win, Ok fine, Better is the lesson of where not to throw the ball, how to read blitz coverages, etc.

The bonus is his willingness & ability to play in pain & do well!

He threw a td that was called back & the ol is well, I'm sure you know.

I think you are right. I am not opposed to this thinking. I actually thought Feeley played a heck of a game. Yes, the interception killed us, and it was his fault, but it is all part of the learning process. At this point of the season, this team can afford to let him learn.

a lot of people are getting mad & calling for Feeley's head. Why? this was to be expected. He is learning the ropes. If he gets a win, Ok fine, Better is the lesson of where not to throw the ball, how to read blitz coverages, etc.
To be expected? Get real, this excuses are insane. He was suppose to compete for the job and win if he was chosen. Did you not hear Speilman in the off-season? Yes, we all did, except for the fact you make excuses. He was suppose to be a Delhomme (according to the monkey in charge of getting players).

What is he learning by the way? He throws INT for TD at the same rate Manning does. He is nothing more then the 3rd string QB we got from philly for a very over priced 2nd round pick.

First off i must say this...i watched that TD 6 or 7 times on tivo -- looks to me that feeley read blitz and tried to fire a quick slant since there is no check downs... chambers totally missed the read and ran a post and didnt even look at the ball.. he had no idea he was the HOT READ...so im not sure i want to blame it completely on feeley.
2. Manning, elway, favre and many others had Horrific first seasons... manning had 6 Pic Six's his rookie season. This is a ROOKIE SEASON FOR AJ. he has played his entire career in THE WEST COAST OFFENSE. they even ran it at Oregon. This is his first time running this crap offense (YES the same offense that Killed marino's last 3 yrs). SO here's my take, yes he was a 2nd rnd pick, but certainly cheaper than a 1st rnd Rookie QB who would be making the same mistakes but for about 6million more a season....

PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE WE ALL NEED TO HAVE.....

I understand people being upset, we all want to win right now. We had a real shot at sneaking away with a win today, until a critical mistake by Feeley.

I was thinking we were going to lose at Seattle anyway, but I was looking for signs this team would be competitive.

They were.

The defense did a great job, with lots of young guys in.

Feeley made a bad mistake, and we lost though. You Feeley haters do understand that we were only in the game thanks to Feeley and the passing attack, right? The run game was pathetic today. It was all on AJ.

Let's see how AJ does over the remainder of the season, looking for signs of improvement, then decide whether he can be a starter.

Hey, if there was another Big Ben in the next draft? I'd be all over it. That kind of rookie is once in a generation though.

I do expect the Dolphins to win the 49er game. Feeley should have a good game against a bad team. I really expect him to have a 2-3 TD type of game. After over four years of Fielder, I'm willing to give Feeley part of a season.

Not like we have many options anyway.

Before education comes evaluation. I really can't see this offense helping him with player development / playing at his potential best. Giving him the reins for the rest of this season is to develop his confidence.

2. Manning, elway, favre and many others had Horrific first seasons... manning had 6 Pic Six's his rookie season. This is a ROOKIE SEASON FOR AJ. he has played his entire career in THE WEST COAST OFFENSE. they even ran it at Oregon. This is his first time running this crap offense (YES the same offense that Killed marino's last 3 yrs). SO here's my take, yes he was a 2nd rnd pick, but certainly cheaper than a 1st rnd Rookie QB who would be making the same mistakes but for about 6million more a season....

PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE WE ALL NEED TO HAVE.....[/QUOTE]

GREAT POST finfan girl, lets give this guy some time before we send packing. He showed some, a lot, of good things yesterday. I wouldn't be that opposed to having him around with a new OC and scheme provided he improves each week as he has. Look at Peyton (above) and Aikman they all sucked their rookie seasons, but they learned from there mistakes! Lets see what AJ is like in the last game this year before we crucify him. He might actually have some talent! Even dumnba** Dave said he would "wow his critics."

I was one of the people that thought that he should be able to come in here and start playing and we shouldnt have to teach him, but he showed yesterday that with some more experience that he can be a good QB. I think this guy would be very good givin the time some of these other QB's have. I also think that our O-Line picked it up bigtime 2nd half yesterday.

I was impressed with the overall performance of the team, I also think that Bates did a very good job motivating yesterday, and the players really seemed to respond.

Danny1339 said:

A lot of people are getting mad & calling for Feeley's head. Why? this was to be expected. He is learning the ropes. If he gets a win, Ok fine, Better is the lesson of where not to throw the ball, how to read blitz coverages, etc.

The bonus is his willingness & ability to play in pain & do well!

He threw a td that was called back & the ol is well, I'm sure you know.

I heard this about Fiedler for 3 years.

Yup, I think we all know that. I mean, starting Feeley and saying Sage would play over JF is kinda admitting at 1-9 the season is a wash and we are preparing for next year.

Danny1339 said:
That's not what Spielman was hoping for.

the game actually played on tv in my area yesterday. i was not expecting miami to win, but was anxious to see what they would play like this week. i was impressed. the defense got a couple of turnovers. the o-line actually gave feeley a little time to get some passes off instead of their usual .5 second collapse. feeley looked good imho, and i was stoked by seeing bates on the sidelines getting pissed and yelling when there was a mistake instead of seeing dw just make a funny face.

this game was a loss, but i wasnt expecting to see a sudden 180. it was a good change of pace seeing them fight instead of flounder. they have had a lot of problems this year and you cant expect them to fix all in one game, and everyone to play flawless. they seem to have made good progress, and i am looking forward to the rest of the season now, to watch them progress even more and give us hope for next year.

Back
Top Bottom