Young and Fromm | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Young and Fromm

I believe 100% we will see 5 1st Rd QBs
The QB2 debate is fascinating to me.

Fromm- Is complete garbage and anyone who thinks he is a 1st round QB is clueless.

Herbert- has ideal stature and arm but he has warts. Do you trust his reads? Level of comp.?

Burrow- arm strength? Is he product of system and talent around him?

Eason- decision making / some pocket presence issues.

Love- difficult to project- upside- raw- no talent around him. Success of Watson, Jand Mahomes really helps here.

Fix your post.

Eason has a cannon. I watched video on him tonight. First QB that I have seen that reminds me of Marino throwing.

I don't think Fromm will be a high pick once we reach draft time, not after further scrutiny including hand size and overall upside.

I'm not a big a Fromm guy. But I do think he'll end up being drafted quite high because he's a highly intelligent player that's shown the ability to make quick decisions.

IMO, a very high first round pick should be someone who produces points. Myles Garrett may have looked great as physical specimen but it's simply too easy for a guy like that to get lost and all but irrelevant. Same with Chase Young. The 49ers look great on the defensive front because they have a wave of elite players up there. Put Chase Young alongside Charles Harris and other nothings and what do you have?

IDK, I tend to believe players that are adept at preventing points can be equally valuable too. Especially ones that can consistently cause negative plays that often assist the offense to be in position to produce more points.

You mention putting Chase Young alongside Charles Harris, but what if they put him alongside Christian Wilkins (who is showing some upside) and another DL draft pick (e.g. Derrick Brown, A.J. Epenesa, Raekwon Davis, etc.) ? Hell, Chase Young's addition might even help make Charles Harris productive in similar fashion to how Nick Bosa has suddenly helped Arik Armstead look like a decent player after years of non-production too. You just never know.

What if Chase Young was able to lead a defense in the way Von Miller did for a few seasons, especially in 2015? Couldn't that kind of impact and production be worth it even if it doesn't last as long as a franchise QB such as Drew Brees or Tom Brady? I think it would.

I think many fans tend to underrate the potential of a good-to-great defensive line. The Broncos, Ravens, Bucs and Giants have won titles that way this millennium. Obviously we have no way of knowing that Chase Young will be a Von Miller-esque player. But if Tua isn't available, taking a chance on him might not be the worst thing.

Last edited:
Fix your post.

Eason has a cannon. I watched video on him tonight. First QB that I have seen that reminds me of Marino throwing.
I haven’t seen much of season but for some highlights. I didn’t question the arm- just decision making/ pocket feel.

I believe Jake Fromm will be a high draft pick. I would take that bet.

I'll have some of that CK, he may get overdrafted in the late first round, but his value is 2nd or 3rd at best. He's probably the 5th QB behind Tua, Burrow, Herbert, Love and perhaps even Eason on many boards, I would imagine. He's not going to be a top ten pick unless some team really wants a game manager and has a stellar Oline like he hides behind at Georgia.

Fromm's football IQ, pre and post snap recognition is what I believe makes him a potential 1st round pick. He's the perfect New England and New Orleans type QB, in the way his smarts translate to running those offenses. While he's on the smaller side of the size spectrum he makes up for it, with what he does behind center. With Miami now running an offense similar to New England, I can see why he'd be highly regarded by Miami's Coaches and Front Office. He's an underdog and extremely underrated prospect by the fan base.

Fromm's football IQ, pre and post snap recognition is what I believe makes him a potential 1st round pick. He's the perfect New England and New Orleans type QB, in the way his smarts translate to running those offenses. While he's on the smaller side of the size spectrum he makes up for it, with what he does behind center. With Miami now running an offense similar to New England, I can see why he'd be highly regarded by Miami's Coaches and Front Office. He's an underdog and extremely underrated prospect by the fan base.

He's not got the frame that Brady has, my 4 year old has broader shoulders than he has. He doesn't have the exclusivity that smaller QB's tend to have to compensate. He was pressured 2 times on 30 throws on Saturday, that's why he got the win. He's been hanging off the coat tails of that line for his entire career at Georgia, he may have that football IQ and you are right teams like NE will up his grade because of it, but he's a terrible fit for us because we have a woeful line and it'll still likely be in transition next year, we need a QB who can get the ball out fast and extend plays, Fromm isn't that type of guy. If we use all our firsts on Oline, have sign 2 more premier FA Olinemen, then I would take Fromm in the second but even then I'm doubling down on a Hurts or someone else with a later pick.

For all you Fromm fans. Talks a lot about Eason and some was concerning. But Eason is a guy that I would let set for a year. Definitely think Burrow will be better and we take him if available. The problem is if we end up drafting 4th or lower.

On no planet does it make sense that Jake Fromm isn’t a 1st rounder because he doesn’t have a great arm, but Joe Burrow has pulled himself up from being a 4th-5th rounder to being potentially QB1 in the draft. That’s a silly bit of analysis by Shomler and he should know better.

He's lost a quarter-inch of height because of the hip, lol.

Colleges are the worst, I met a basketball player when I was at UGA who was listed at 6'5 and he and I looked eye to eye im 6'.

So where is all the hate on Burrow for his small hands, everyone calls out Fromm for small hands just got released that Burrow's hands are 9" :eek:

Colleges are the worst, I met a basketball player when I was at UGA who was listed at 6'5 and he and I looked eye to eye im 6'.

So where is all the hate on Burrow for his small hands, everyone calls out Fromm for small hands just got released that Burrow's hands are 9" :eek:

Card carrying Fromm hater here and the news of Burrow’s hand size does bother me.

Back
Top Bottom