Your 5 Favorite Teams | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Your 5 Favorite Teams

DolphinDevil28 said:
Our D is respected nation wide. (especially in South Florida right now :lol: ) It's one of the best.

...So, I know Adrian Peterson is a phenomenal running back. Do you think that young O-line will constantly pave the way for him next year?

well I beleive if our young O-line can stop Oregon's then yes (yes we put in the younger guys during teh half except for Chaisson and Joseph)

but agaisnt LSU's hmm mayb we could run a screen every play and let ur fast defense over on purpose :D

SpeedRush99 said:
They do make a good point. My greatest concern is the Oline next season, losing 4 of 5 starters is rough.

That's kind of the same thing with our D-Line. We are losing Kyle Williams (who I'd kill to see in a Dolphins uniform), Claude Wroten and Melvin Oliver.

However, we have some young studs taking over for them in Glen Dorsey, Marlon Favorite and Kirsten Pittman. (not Chase Pittman, Kirsten. Our 2 DE's will both be Pittmans.)

SpeedRush99 said:
How many defensive starters are you losing?

Whatever starters we are losing, we have major depth filling their shoes. The biggest concern for me is in the middle of the D line with Williams and Wroten.
But like I said, we have some young studs filling their shoes.

I couldn't care less about losing Cam Vaughn at linebacker. He might be the most overrated player in LSU history. And it's a shame. He's a great guy. I actually played high school football with him, but he's so damn overrated.

You think Periloux will challenge Russell for starting QB?

SpeedRush99 said:
You think Periloux will challenge Russell for starting QB?

I think Flynn will challenge Russell for the QB spot. Look at what he did to the #1 pass D in America. Our offense NEVER looked like that under Russell.

If our offense would have played like it did in the Peach Bowl with Flynn at QB the whole season, it would have been 3 unbeatens this year, with LSU making a case for the Rose Bowl.

With Perilloux, I think you'll see him in the "slash" role. We'll use him in the slot, run reverses with him, etc...We'll let him throw too. Did you see how we used Skyler Green in the Peach Bowl? Kind of like that.

Our D is respected nation wide. (especially in South Florida right now ) It's one of the best.

Not really (the bolded part). Knowledgeable Canes fans will tell you that our offense is garbage. This isn't a shot at LSU, more a disdain at the offensive philosophy at UM. Georgia Tech held us to 10 pts. The same Georgia Tech that Utah bent over in their bowl game. Again, LSU has terrific talent on defense, but blanking Miami proved very little.

1. Ohio State.. Brought up a buckeye fan.

2. Miami... Go Canes.

3. Boise State..

4. Idaho State.. My alma-mata

5. U. Of Wy....

papafin said:
Not really (the bolded part). Knowledgeable Canes fans will tell you that our offense is garbage. This isn't a shot at LSU, more a disdain at the offensive philosophy at UM. Georgia Tech held us to 10 pts. The same Georgia Tech that Utah bent over in their bowl game. Again, LSU has terrific talent on defense, but blanking Miami proved very little.

Hurricanes overall are horrible this year. The Hurricanes are all athletic enough to be picked in the first round, but none of them are smart enough to play football.

That LSU game made me sick. Watching the LSU back take cutback lanes for 10 yards every play was ridiculous. The Canes defense would over commit to the runner who would take the cutback lane EVERY PLAY. I used to think Randy Shannon was good but he couldn't teach his players how to read a cutback.

Back
Top Bottom