Zach mentors Bua | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zach mentors Bua

Bua was an All-SEC linebacker. He only played safety his senior year....and went All-SEC again (1st team). If he had decent speed at safety, he has really good speed at LB. Why not let him play a position where he's faster and better suits his aggressive style. Not many guys have the speed or instincts to get away with being Brian Dawkins.

Remember, Brian Urlacher was a safety coming out of college. The Bears moved him to weakside LB. In Week 3(?) they moved him inside, and he absolutely exploded. That's just a best case example. Tommy Hendricks was also a converted safety for the Phins. Corey Jenkins was a QB who played his last two collegiate games at safety. The Phins don't care too much about size at LB. They want speed and instinct.

Bua is going to have to make this team as a special teams ACE this year...that is the bottom line. Maybe he has a future past this year, but that his icing on the cake this year, SPECIAL TEAMS!

Muck said:
Bua was an All-SEC linebacker. He only played safety his senior year....and went All-SEC again (1st team). If he had decent speed at safety, he has really good speed at LB. Why not let him play a position where he's faster and better suits his aggressive style. Not many guys have the speed or instincts to get away with being Brian Dawkins.

Remember, Brian Urlacher was a safety coming out of college. The Bears moved him to weakside LB. In Week 3(?) they moved him inside, and he absolutely exploded. That's just a best case example. Tommy Hendricks was also a converted safety for the Phins. Corey Jenkins was a QB who played his last two collegiate games at safety. The Phins don't care too much about size at LB. They want speed and instinct.
I don't doubt he will be a special teams demon, but at 5'11" 218 its hard for me to see him at linebacker, and Safety is out due to speed.

With the speed of todays receivers coupled with tightening the DB contact rules he would be late getting there.

Anything is possible and perhaps in this scheme it might work at linebacker but he's not as thick as Zach, I wonder how much weight his frame could really carry..............? Short and light, and less than blazing speed adds up to Special teamer to me, should be fun watching him cover kickoffs.

Muck said:

He is better suited for strong safety than linebacker.He pretty much is a younger Sammy Knight.

bua can add weight. zach doesnt have great speed either ya know so bua doesnt necessarily need it. the guys got a hitting attitude though. which i like alot.

:fire: i would like to see bua seau and zack what a heck of a lb core that would be

BlueFin said:
I don't doubt he will be a special teams demon, but at 5'11" 218 its hard for me to see him at linebacker, and Safety is out due to speed.

And Zach is a gracious 5'10" and 230lbs. Your point?

VanDolPhan said:
And Zach is a gracious 5'10" and 230lbs. Your point?
Well lets see......:

A) Zach is listed everywhere including Dolphins.com at 235, seen many in person training camps and the guy is thick, don't have any doubt he goes 235.

B) Bua is listed on Dolphins.com at 212, as high as 218 in other places, I assume the Florida heat has melted a few off him.

C) 17 too 23 pounds of muscle and thickness can make a big difference in how well a player holds up, how he sheds blocks. etc etc...........

D) For an example of the what this weight difference is look at the difference in thickness between Ricky Williams and Travis Minor, Ricky is 23 pounds heavier.................

Was that clear enough for you? Would you prefer I just say Bua will be a great linebacker, ignore the fact that he is the size of an average quarterback in weight?

Blue I read an article and I cant remember where that said Zach was trying to get back to the 225 range because that was where he thought he played his best. Now I may be mistaken but I am pretty sure about that.

Will finfans start yelling "Buuuuuuuuuuuua" everytime he makes a tackle?

Fins2theend said:
Blue I read an article and I cant remember where that said Zach was trying to get back to the 225 range because that was where he thought he played his best. Now I may be mistaken but I am pretty sure about that.

I believe you might have mistaken Zach with Boston for some reason.

Back
Top Bottom