Zach out with 102 degree fever (merged) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zach out with 102 degree fever (merged)

1st down Ricky Williams picks up 3 yards up the middle. 2nd and 7 McKnight is in. Pressure from behind, Jay Fiedler sacked, fumbles it, recovered by Dolphins (does this sound like Spriggs is doing well? Charles Grant ran right around Spriggs it sounds like).

3rd and 9...shotgun. Jay Fiedler steps up and connects to Dedric Ward for 9 yards and a first down. Ricky runs left, breaks arm tackle of Charlie Clemons, gets about 4. I formation, Ricky runs to the outside behind Konrad, Sedrick Hodge breaks through and tackles for no gain (McMichael had a good block but Hodge was fast). Chambers in motion blitz on, Jay under heavy pressure Chambers dives for the catch initially called a catch and replay shows he probably didn't have control of the ball (crowd doesn't like it but DW doesn't challenge).

Punt goes, PUNT BLOCKED! Saints rush the ball in for a TD. But there's a flag on the play...on Miami...Sammy Knight gets the TD and for the 2nd week in the road the Dolphins special teams implodes and allows a TD. Not good there...

Flag on the XP. Personal foul "leaping" against the Dolphins (wtf??? You're not supposed to LEAP to block an XP???).

After the way Miami's been playing, I bet Zach's temperature just shot up another 5 degrees, to accompany the steam coming out of his ears.:rolleyes:

1st down run to the left Ricky for a couple of yards. 2nd down run to the left, dropped in the backfield by Norman Hand. 3rd down Fiedler in shotgun, throw over the middle INTERCEPTED by Sedrick Hodge. Very loud very audible boos coming from the crowd. Fiedler had time, he checked off on 2 or 3 options, threw to Dedric Ward and...BAM inteception. Fiedler cursing up a storm on the sidelines.

Deuce runs right for 1 yard, taken down by Jason Taylor. 2nd and 8 empty backfield, tipped by Justin Seaverns incomplete (Marion comes close to picking it off). The defense is really answering back here, they've been put in bad position a bunch. 3rd and 8 Reed in motion, wide open over the middle for 22 yards and first down (everything and I do mean EVERYTHING is going over the middle...Patrick Surtain burned like toast).

1st and goal at 5 yd line. Deuce runs up the gut slowed at 5, but lunges forward for THREE YARDS. 2nd and 2....playfake looks left and right catch over the middle Joe Horn TOUCHDOWN.

17 points off Dolphin turnovers so far.

I will stop with the play-by-play after halftime. AJ Johnson takes kickoff returns it 11 yards with a flag 40 yards into the secondary. Holding on #56 Twan Russell. "There's a bad smell comin off this game" says Mandich.

Damn dude Ray Lucas is in the game, he looks confident, the crowd is LOVING him and he's throwing darts on target and moving down the field.

Zach Thomas

Anybody know what happened to him? He didn't play last night..or atleast that's what the gamecenter thing showed on NFL.com :rolleyes: Did they just sit him out to rest or is he injured? :confused:

Zach figured since it was a meaningless preseason game and that since he knows he has made the team, that he would not show up.

Just kidding. He had the flu, puked and a temp of 102 thurs am and stayed home.

Phew...Thanks....Was getting a little worried there :p

Thanks CK.Penalties and turnovers, you won't win much with those. Any word on how Edwards did? I thought Baker was supposed to be doing the returning tonight, any word on him it seems Johnson was shown on all the returns.

Back
Top Bottom