zach thomas class act | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

zach thomas class act

Reaction score
I know why we had to let him go but this guy was awesome .. all the best to him.

IRVING, Texas -- Cowboys linebacker Zach Thomas didn't have his best game of the preseason, but he was still active. After being sidelined because of a concussion last season in Miami, some people counted Thomas out. But he's still covering a ton of ground and he's picked up Wade Phillips' 3-4 defense in a hurry.
"If I felt like I lost a step, I would have retired already. Because of the 13 years that I've been in the league, some people may think I've slowed down and maybe can't cover anymore, and that's fine with me. They say you'll know when it's time to shut it down, but I still enjoy it. It's still fun to run around and just tackle people. That's my job and it's pretty simple."

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nfceast

I know why we had to let him go but this guy was awesome

Really because I don't

We released him, we didn't get anything for him. That's all I hear posters on here say is I'd trade JT for a 3rd, I'd trade Beck for a 4th.....whatever.

Zach Thomas was voted smartest defensive player in the league by his peers.

You just said he's a class act.

It's not about money at this point in his career, he just wants to play football.

My bet, Zach Thomas will play better this year than any linebacker on the Dolphins roster.

Miami doesn't need a smart, class act, ballz out linebacker like we don't need a super bowl trophy.

I know the youth movement and all, but if we had to do it I find it hard to believe we couldn't get something out of a sure fire Hall pick! Come on BP you dropped the ball on this one.IMO!!!!

Really because I don't

We released him, we didn't get anything for him. That's all I hear posters on here say is I'd trade JT for a 3rd, I'd trade Beck for a 4th.....whatever.

Zach Thomas was voted smartest defensive player in the league by his peers.

You just said he's a class act.

It's not about money at this point in his career, he just wants to play football.

My bet, Zach Thomas will play better this year than any linebacker on the Dolphins roster.

Miami doesn't need a smart, class act, ballz out linebacker like we don't need a super bowl trophy.

I've said before this was a quid pro quo from Tuna to Jones as payment for JJ not contesting Ireland's hiring as General Manager when everyone knew Tuna would remain the de-facto GM. To all those who say, "well it was a class way to let a classy guy chart his own course and nothing more" I say BS! Who didn't think that if the pot was sweet enough a Texan wouldn't want to sign with a home-state team having one of the best shots in the league to get to the SB?? I actually wouldn't be surprised if Tuna told ZT: "we're letting you go *wink * *wink* but you can expect Jerry to come a knockin with a pot of gold." IMO, this is a black eye on this FO and the equivalent of The Dutch's fleecing The Indians out of Manhattan for $24 worth of baubles. It's a dual-headed travesty: he's gone when we could have really used him, and we got ZILCH to show for it!!! It stinks!

2gue5c1-1.jpg

Cowboys haven't won a playoff game in over 10 years. They aren't winning it all this year.

JT went from the last place team in the AFC East to the last place team in the NFC East. Thanks for the 2nd round pick JT!!

I wish him and Taylor all the success they can have in the NFC. Same with Sam Madison.

I can't root for Surtain the same way, though, because we may contend for a playoff spot against one another.

I hate that he's not in a Dolphin uniform and I semi-understand the move if it truely was an 'inside job' with Parcells and Jones. But there were SO many reasons to keep him around! So many young guys on the defense, and hell, even on the offense, that could get better with his presence and leadership.

Still can't wish him a Superbowl though. We've got some football to play!

You guys can say what you want, but Zach flat out quit on us last year. The guy had a ****ing headache so he didnt fly with the team to the JETS GAME?????? What the **** is that? If youre injured and cant play thats one thing, but you dont even take the team flight to be there with the rest of the guys. Because you have a headache? GTFOH.

Zach Thomas is and always has been a class act on and off the field. He represents everything that is good about the NFL. If only the rest of the league was like him.

You guys can say what you want, but Zach flat out quit on us last year. The guy had a ****ing headache so he didnt fly with the team to the JETS GAME?????? What the **** is that? If youre injured and cant play thats one thing, but you dont even take the team flight to be there with the rest of the guys. Because you have a headache? GTFOH.

Do you even know anything about concussions. Your not supposed to fly with them. The headache is a sign he still had one.

Wasnt he told by his doctors not to travel? I seem to remember that coming up. And no way Zach would quit on his team, its not in his vocabulary

Zach is more than a class act. That term is usually applied to players who are polite and always say the right things. Zach is much more than that. He really epitomizes the ideal we all want from a football player. An undersized player with an oversized heart who works as hard off the field as he does on it. He's one of the most intelligent players in the league while still playing with the hard-hitting, tenacious intensity of a junkyard dog.

He's a true Dolphin for life and he makes me proud to be a fan of the team.

You get so much criticism for what you write about Beck, but I always find those posts funny and definitely containing a degree of truth. But your rants about Zach and JT are so baseless and grating that it makes me wonder if I'm too hard on Beck. Quit being so confusing. :(

Zach Thomas gave his heart and soul to the Dolphins. I and all other Dolfans should have nothing but praise for the guy. He has a heart that is bigger then anyones!!

Back
Top Bottom