Zach Thomas delivers a message to the 2015 Miami Dolphins | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zach Thomas delivers a message to the 2015 Miami Dolphins

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
Zach Thomas was at Miami Dolphins camp Monday but he wasn't just here to watch from the sideline.
As has been his penchant for seizing on such opportunities, coach Joe Philbin asked Thomas to address the team. And the address turned into a moving, motivating message.
According to those who heard the speech, Thomas implored players to seize on their opportunities -- the ones they have in their hands right now as members of this Miami training camp -- with no regard for their status.
He pointed to John Denney and spoke of how 11 years ago when the long snapper was in his first training camp, he came basically out of nowhere to make the team.
"There were a lot of great points," Philbin said of the Thomas speech today. "The thing I took out of it is even though Zach played 13 years in the NFL, his message, a lot of it was time goes by quickly. Take advantage of every single opportunity you get as a player. And sometimes you get sacrifices to be great. It's not easy to be great and you have to have a plan, you have to have sacrifice."
http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolp...ers-a-message-to-the-2015-miami-dolphins.html

Wish Zach would reincarnate himself and be our MLB the next 10 years again

Best lb of my time IMO. He has stats that compare with the best and he was woefully undersized. His picture should be in the dictionary next to the term "linebacker"

Last edited by a moderator:
Best lb of my time IMO. He has stats that compare with the best and he was woefully undersized. His picture should be in the dictionary best to the term "linebacker"

I just remember hearing how Zack spent hours before each game watching film. He knew just about what too expect and would jam them up at the line. You could tell he really loved the game.

I just remember hearing how Zack spent hours before each game watching film. He knew just about what too expect and would jam them up at the line. You could tell he really loved the game.

I'm surprised he hasn't wanted to get into coaching considering how much of a film junkie he was...

Definitely the smartest defensive player I have ever seen. Undersized but packed a punch. Always knew where the play was and wasn't scared to fly in there and sacrifice his body to make the play. Hands down the best MLB I have ever witnessed play the game. Had he had Patrick Willis' physical attributes he would have murdered people on the field in my opinion.

The funniest part is that, much like Marino, I didn't know how good he was til he was gone. I became a fan of football during Zach's rookie year so I expected the MLB's that came after him to be exciting to watch. I haven't seen anything like him since

“It’s been in a while,” Thomas told The Finsiders. “I haven’t been around the locker room in a while, but it was good to be asked to come out and speak to the team. It kind of relit the fire.”

Maybe this means relit a fire to get back to the NFL. Coaching??

Zach was great, he would shoot gaps so fast and would usually pick the right one. He really was so smart and well prepared. It was almost ridiculous the way he would be around the ball carrier on every single play...he was so much fun to watch

Thinking about Zack motivating with the team with speeches... gets my adrenaline going.

Favorite Dolphins hands down of all time!!!! When is he up for canton? Gotta be first ballot right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom