Zach Thomas HAll of Fame (NYJunc) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zach Thomas HAll of Fame (NYJunc)

It seems as if Zach Might be in the hall of fame after all.

Sat with Sports Illustrated columnist Paul Zimmerman during practice. He's visiting to write his story on the Dolphins. The man most of you may know as Dr. Z is a Hall of Fame voter so I asked him what he thought of Zach Thomas and Jason Taylor's chances of getting into the Hall someday.

Zimmerman said he would vote for Thomas, no doubt, and would even speak on his behalf in the meeting with other voters. Zimmerman said Thomas along with Ray Lewis were the premier linebackers of their time and that is why he is worthy of induction.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/2008/08/the-post-practi.html

I think Junior Seau is the only person in NFL history who has more tackles than Zach has right now, and Seau has played I believe 4-5? more seasons. I think Zach will be a first ballot HOF'er after he retires....a SB ring would lock it up for him.

I think Junior Seau is the only person in NFL history who has more tackles than Zach has right now, and Seau has played I believe 4-5? more seasons. I think Zach will be a first ballot HOF'er after he retires....a SB ring would lock it up for him.

That is exactly why tackles are a misleading stat, it's like the save stat in baseball. The save stat tells us John Franco is one of the best of all-time and should be a HOFer but those who watched him know he wasn't a great pitcher and doesn't belong anywheer near the Hall.

Tackles are a direct result of finishing a defensive play junk. Demean it all you want. I saw Zach have 13 tackles and an interception against San Diego two years ago with one arm! Name me one player that could do that?

Crazy, thanks for the link and it's good to know what Zim will do for Zach. But I hope you do not feel obligated to prove that web troll wrong.

I'm NOT a dolphin basher

No? Well your close to 8 thousand posts on this board says you're a Dolphins Junky.

Tackles are a direct result of finishing a defensive play junk. Demean it all you want. I saw Zach have 13 tackles and an interception against San Diego two years ago with one arm! Name me one player that could do that?

So I guess Kyle Clifton should be a HOFer? he averaged 141 tackles a season as a starter.

I saw Zach have a 11-12 tacke game 3 years ago against us and I barely noticed him that day but the next day dolphin fans told us how gerat he was that day when most of his tackles were 6-7 yds down the field.

Crazy, thanks for the link and it's good to know what Zim will do for Zach. But I hope you do not feel obligated to prove that web troll wrong.

No? Well your close to 8 thousand posts on this board says you're a Dolphins Junky.

It's called being honest and objective, you guys are homers and think every dolphin player is greta but if they were how come you haven't been able to make the playoffs since 2001?

It's called being honest and objective, you guys are homers and think every dolphin player is greta but if they were how come you haven't been able to make the playoffs since 2001?

This statement sums up your football knowledge if you catch my drift. Your own comments do more damage to your cred than I could attempt to do.

This statement sums up your football knowledge if you catch my drift. Your own comments do more damage to your cred than I could attempt to do.

I get it and someday you guys will too. Every year I see the dolphins will make the playoffs and how great your players are yet you never win. Taylor & Thomas were the leaders of some of the worst big game D's you will ever see. Taylor doesn't have a postseason sack, what does that tell you? These guys are good to really good players, they are not great. 2 years ago taylor was great but of course you stunk so he had no pressure. Truly great players perform under pressure.

Back
Top Bottom