Zach thomas is a real man | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zach thomas is a real man

KevinRI

I hate the Pats
Reaction score
This guy is firggin awesome. He is constantly putting the team in front of himself. This guy deserves a friggin medal of honor for all the times he plays hurt. For all the times he's agreed to restructure his contract even around swirling rumors that we may deal him. He is a great guy who leaves it all out on the field. He deserves a Super Bowl ring and this team is on the right path. A guy like him puts all of these other panzy money hungry ******s to shame.

Get him and JT a QB quick! Let's fu&*in rule the AFC East. I hate the Pats and it's time for our team to be MEAN and Nasty again. NOW LETS GO.

I know I know we have to wait til Sept. Sorry I am just very emotional right now. Gotta love Zach!!!!!

Lets not annoint Zach a saint because he offered to do what will probably keep him on the team longer....At the salary he is due and his age, does anyone think he'll be around next year (2007) if he doesn't make his salary palatable and more equal to his worth ?? This is a direct result of FA in the league...If he had hit the market this year, would he have made the money he's scheduled to make ?? Not a chance...at his age and perceived injury problems...no way. Besides that, even tho he is still playing amazingly well, he presents problems for Capers and Saban to utilize his best attributes, compared to what they want the D to be....But, more and more these vets are realizing that they'll make more money staying with the teams they are on than hitting the market after a certain point (age)...

However, all that said...it is quite commendable and one of the reasons that the man is revered by fans, media, teammates and the organization....

LarryFinFan said:
Lets not annoint Zach a saint because he offered to do what will probably keep him on the team longer....At the salary he is due and his age, does anyone think he'll be around next year (2007) if he doesn't make his salary palatable and more equal to his worth ?? This is a direct result of FA in the league...If he had hit the market this year, would he have made the money he's scheduled to make ?? Not a chance...at his age and perceived injury problems...no way. Besides that, even tho he is still playing amazingly well, he presents problems for Capers and Saban to utilize his best attributes, compared to what they want the D to be....But, more and more these vets are realizing that they'll make more money staying with the teams they are on than hitting the market after a certain point (age)...

However, all that said...it is quite commendable and one of the reasons that the man is revered by fans, media, teammates and the organization....

I think Zach would still be on this team if he refused to take a pay cut. You always hear about him studying and being prepared. You dont just let great linebackers walk.

WestCoastPhins said:
I think Zach would still be on this team if he refused to take a pay cut. You always hear about him studying and being prepared. You dont just let great linebackers walk.

I'm not saying he won't be on the team, but at his salary next season (2007) and age, there would be room for doubt especially if he has more injuries...

90% of this league of crybaby thugs who were lucky enough to be born with amazing skill and are dumb as hell........comes a guy who is ALL heart in more ways than one....glad your on our side Zach.

Zach!!

This league needs more selfless players like him, I wish most players had that mentality, most often its the first round picks who think they are still the man, but nobody wanted Zach, Zach knows we love him, and now he is embracing us like we have embraced him all along, I dont think we will see JT and Zach split up, and hope they never do, its not often that you have two pro bowlers who epitimize sportsmanship and put the team before themselves, and its not often that one of them is boning the other ones sister (sorry, had to put that in there). We are truly fortunate to have Zach and JT, it will be a sad day when either of the 2 retires. Lets go Fins!!!

Amen to that. I truly believe that this is coming from his team spirit and not from a "at my age I better get some money while I can" mentality. You're crazy if you don't think some other team would pay him for at least a couple more years. He is very intellegent, which at his position is worth more than just pure speed (which he has some of too). I would take a team full of his type with a 8-8 record and LOVE being a fan because that makes my status as a fan mean something. They are playing for the love of the game and the team. I hear people say that all the time when they justify to me why college ball is better than pro (which is just plain ridiculous by the way), that college is better becasue they don't play for the money and it's more interesting to see them play with heart. Then just about every time a pro player does the same thing he is doing it for some other reason. Zach deserves our respect. He plays with more heart for his team than 95% of the players in the league.

LarryFinFan said:

I have to agree with Larry, being an undersized Linebacker in this system probably presents problems with the Defensive scheme we want to run. I can recall a few times last year when Zach was in a zone coverage and had perfect position but was not tall enough to make a play on the ball (thrown slightly over his head). Im a short stocky guy myself so Zach's a hero to me LOL, however i just think that if Saban and his guys had there choice they would probably opt for a taller player.

Understand that I am not taking anything away from him, he is an animal, probably plays with more heart than any player in the League, im just stating my opinion based on my knowledge of the 3-4 defense.

That being said the move to restructure his contract is both unselfish, and necessary.

It has never been about money for Zach. We all know his family is very well off and he could make as much or more money in the family business. But Zach just loves to play football and is the epitome of a team player and leader.

The guy is all heart and all about the team first. Puts 110% into every play. The guy is real football player "old school". Gotta love a guy like that. He deserves the hall of fame in my book.

DBoston80 said:
90% of this league of crybaby thugs who were lucky enough to be born with amazing skill and are dumb as hell........comes a guy who is ALL heart in more ways than one....glad your on our side Zach.

No kidding, I'd love to be on the practice squad.

sarnicsdad said:
Amen to that. I truly believe that this is coming from his team spirit and not from a "at my age I better get some money while I can" mentality. You're crazy if you don't think some other team would pay him for at least a couple more years. He is very intellegent, which at his position is worth more than just pure speed (which he has some of too). I would take a team full of his type with a 8-8 record and LOVE being a fan because that makes my status as a fan mean something. They are playing for the love of the game and the team. I hear people say that all the time when they justify to me why college ball is better than pro (which is just plain ridiculous by the way), that college is better becasue they don't play for the money and it's more interesting to see them play with heart. Then just about every time a pro player does the same thing he is doing it for some other reason. Zach deserves our respect. He plays with more heart for his team than 95% of the players in the league.

Amen Bro!!!
Totally Agree!!! Zach Rules!! :rawk:

csabe said:
The guy is all heart and all about the team first. Puts 110% into every play. The guy is real football player "old school". Gotta love a guy like that. He deserves the hall of fame in my book.

:D

LarryFinFan said:

Yeah, just not you. He won player of the week last year with one friggin arm. perceive all you like. If he doesn't retire a dolphin, I won't be a fan. But I know better.

LarryFinFan said:
I'm not saying he won't be on the team, but at his salary next season (2007) and age, there would be room for doubt especially if he has more injuries...

why is age and issue...i dont care if our MLB are 50.... if they can play like zach does...ill take him... success isnt based on age... is based on performance!!!!... plus zach and JT.. i wouldnt trade those guys FOR ANYONE!!!!!! Ive said it once .. ill say it amillion more times...

Back
Top Bottom