Zach Thomas is OVERRATED | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zach Thomas is OVERRATED

Zach looked good. Plus, he has a renewed excitement level for the chance at the new defensive scheme. I expect good things from Zach this year.

FinsNCanes said:
Well this thread proves half the members don't read the threads.

EVERYONE read the first thread, no one is hating on Zach, read the post and you will see we are saying hes a great player, and that all the analysts and crap are full of it. He is Underrated if anything and deserves the respect that the kinds like Urlacher/Lewis/and Bulluck get. All the analysts say hes overrated.... read the posts... before posting... please.

Zach is my favorite Dolphin, but he isn't a great blitzer. He naturally seeks contact which isn't a good trait when trying to reach the QB.

H2Ronnie23 said:
The crap that ESPN and practically every NFL analyst in the world says Zach is overrated and undersized. Did anyone catch when he went in on a blitz and LAID OUT may I say that again LAID OUT a 6-2, 292 lb, Pro Bowl CENTER. When Zach is a 5-11, 228 lb Line Backer, he destroyed this guy. On paper if you put a 5-11, 228 lb Linebacker vs a 292 lb;6-2 Center I think everyone would choose the center. Zach is the man and he needs the respect he deserves, hes an animal!!!! Even though the play went for a long pass and was completed it was impressive as hell to see Zach lay out Olin Kreutz...... That was my play of night; including Gilmore's catch.

Hmm, yeah that was a nice play, but to put it in perspective Kreutz was practically immobile and Thomas was going full speed.

Thomas can't blitz he always gets hung up at the line.

Thomas is overrated in my eyes, but he is still a pretty darn good LB'ER.

Remember, doesn't matter what Zack did, him pancaking the Center had no effect whatsoever on the play. Didn't cause pressure, didn't do anything other then create a nive highlite reel considering the pass went for a long bomb to Muhammad.

Bua's hit was still way mor eimpressive last year. Atleast his hit changed the outcome of the play.

Also don't u find it a little sad that the only play we can talk about Zack is this play that had no effect on the OUTCOME whatsoever... ODD.

H2Ronnie23 said:
The crap that ESPN and practically every NFL analyst in the world says Zach is overrated and undersized. Did anyone catch when he went in on a blitz and LAID OUT may I say that again LAID OUT a 6-2, 292 lb, Pro Bowl CENTER. When Zach is a 5-11, 228 lb Line Backer, he destroyed this guy. On paper if you put a 5-11, 228 lb Linebacker vs a 292 lb;6-2 Center I think everyone would choose the center. Zach is the man and he needs the respect he deserves, hes an animal!!!! Even though the play went for a long pass and was completed it was impressive as hell to see Zach lay out Olin Kreutz...... That was my play of night; including Gilmore's catch.
Actually it was Terrence Metcalf & he was coming off another block and did not have time to set up.

GRYPHONK said:
Bua's hit was still way mor eimpressive last year. Atleast his hit changed the outcome of the play.

I really hope your not talking about this play.

4010337_m-1.gif

Because it didn't change the outcome of the play. Two big lineman running after him.... Even had they caught him from behind it would've been like a three yard difference, if that. Not really much of a change.

The guy in my SIG is a future HOF'er along with JT.

I guess you can call Thomas over rated when he gets 12-20 tackles a game.

first of all, change the title, its absolutely ******ed and goes completely against what you are trying to say. and as this thread shows, people with little brains got confused by it.

and secondly, how does ZT knocking someone over mean anything about him being overrated? OMG HE KNOCKED SOMEONE DOWN? NO WAYYYYY!!!!!!

anyone tivo the game? Check out the very first play from the line of scrimmage. Miami is in a 7-2-2. Zack is inside the hash marks, 5 yards deep. The bear's QB drops back to pass and our LDE drops back into a zone 4 yards deep and zack drops back another few yards. The ball is thrown to the RB in the flat, 4 yards behind the line of scrimmage. Zack covers alot of ground to force the RB OUT OF BOUNDS for a three yard pickup.

The dude can still motor...

--Ross

You know anyone who thinks Zach is overrated, is not worth listening to. They are just proving they know nothing about the game. Zach's stats and play speak for themselves. No one has to defend him to armchari coaches who just want to find a reason to hate.

Zach has been and still is the man. He deserves all the loyalty the fans of this team can give.

Back
Top Bottom